1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butterflies in your stomach

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Weatherguy101, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So awhile now, I've really had a crush on this guy from my school.
    I noticed i got a strange sensation throughout my stomach, and could not eat my lunches when he was in my lunches and around me. Now some say this condition is known as butterflies in your stomach.

I herd this is caused by intense attraction to another person, is this true?
    Also I'm still questioning my sexuality, would this really qualify me as gay?

I've never had this feeling on a girl.

2. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Well if you have a crush on another guy it's likely you're 'non-straight.' As far as gay goes, it's not as certain; you might be bi, gay, or a sexuality without label. I'm sure someone more experienced/older can give a more eloquent answer.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say yes :slight_smile:

4. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You mean when he's around you get all nervous and can't seem to think, rationally? That you see him and suddenly everything seems brighter? I'd say you have a crush. Embrace it, it's one of the sweetest feelings ever. You just have to make sure he is also gay so you don't end hurting yourself...

5. Bowie

I couldn't really determine from you find it pleasant. If it really is a crush, it should feel amazing.

6. Weatherguy101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's exactly what I feel whenever I get near him. I admit that I have a crush on him, and it's an amazing feeling. But I have to go through the frustration of the possibility that he's not gay, which can get stressful and nerve-racking. I've noticed quite a few signs that suggest his pieces fit the gay puzzle, and not the straight puzzle.(If you get what I mean)

7. slowly

A crush is a wonderful thing to have! Congratulations :slight_smile: Maybe you could just start getting to know him and develop a friendship. If he feels the same way about you that will ultimately begin to surface and you'll both have someone to share your experiences with.

8. Marlowe

Yeah, that totally is a crush for better or worse. That was also one of the things that recently has helped me figure out that I really was gay after years of self denial, so I guess you are kinda lucky. I fell head over heals in love with my best friend (so maybe a bit stronger than what you are feeling). He is straight, so when I see him I always feel a mix of delight and pain. I hope your crush is gay :wink:, but even if he isn't, it still might be a great. I used to be worried about the future if I came out that I would have to give up a lot of how I once imagined my life would be. Imagining life with my best friend, even if only a pipe dream, has made me realize that I could be totally happy dating a guy, that I would be proud to bring him home to my parents or be affectionate with him in public -- things I never imagined before. While, I am still not out, this has helped me a lot.