1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing someone.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paper person, Jul 25, 2011.

1. paper person

So I've noticed thst ever scince I've been questioning my sexual idenity (which im happy to say might be confirmed soon) I've been wanting a relationship. I've never dated before or had such feeling before either, but i thin it would be nice to have a romantic other all of a sudden. My freind who has GF is making me a little jelous. He seems so happy.

So are these feelings normal as far as coming out(?) to your self is concerend?
    How should i handle these feeling because I'm still not certain what side im leaning toward (if any) and dont want to hurt anybody especially my self.

2. Mogget

As you recognize your sexuality, you become more aware of it, which makes you more aware of your desire (if any) to be in romantic relationships. So yeah, it's normal.

3. TheLetterT

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it would totally make sense to date people, perhaps of different sexes and orientations, to get some perspective on what your own orientation is.
    Hope that helps :slight_smile:

4. Bibliophile

Is it normal to want to date? Yup. Is it normal to want companionship on the romantic level? Sure is. Is it normal to want to explore your sexuality when questioning it. Of course. Are there emotional dangers to being unsure when doing these things? With out a doubt. Is it worth it to go for it any way? Well it can be extremely rewarding and who knows you might meet someone amazing. So that is up to you.

Just remember everything in life is risk vs. reward. You just have to consider is the risk you take worth what you can gain and go from there.

5. KaotikPrincess

I think it's normal to have the urge to date, especially at your age. If you don't completely know your sexuality you should experiment with both guys and girls and see what you like best, remember, you don't have to swing one way or another, you could be bisexual as I am. There is nothing wrong with saying you are bisexual until you have made up your mind on which gender you want to spend your life with.

You may not be gay or straight but whatever you are you will figure it out in time. Some people take longer than others... when I was 14 it only took one day for me to figure out I was bisexual but it took me about a year or 2 to accept it :slight_smile:

6. slowly

I think dating to help test out the waters is a great idea. It could really help you understand where you are and what you want. I would say go for it!