1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with a very crazy mother of a loved one.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by organum456, Jul 26, 2011.

1. organum456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am desperate for help...My boyfriend just basically got "caught" being gay. his mother saw the call history on his cell phone and demanded his facebook password and started to put some facts together and figured out he was gay and that I'm his boyfriend. She continues to keep him at her side and won't leave him alone for more than two seconds...I'd be surprised if she even let's him use the bathroom in peace. I really have no idea what to do...the only way of communicating with him i have is through his best friend whom he occasionally can manage to call. I have been called by his parents telling me not to talk to him ever again or i'll be arrested for solicitation to a minor. This cannot be true because he is over the age of consent in my state. His mother is truly emotionally abusing him. His best friend just reported that she saw him at the grocery store today and that he looked incredibly miserable and she almost cried right there. He wouldn't speak a word, and his mother wouldn't let him get anywhere away from her. She suspects his friend of helping him out and talking to me and she told his friend's mom (who is thankfully on our side) that her daughter had offended her son and his family. In all honesty, i feel the mother has lost touch of reality. Nevertheless, she is truly hurting my darling Boyfriend...I miss him so much and I feel like i have absolutely no power. I have prayed and prayed about this issue and I'm just wishing for a miracle to happen. Is there anything i can possibly do?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short answer - not really. Assuming he's still a minor, his parents still have most of the sway over his life. If he's old enough to move out, he can of course do that, but I'm assuming that's not really an option...

Lex

3. organum456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He will be 18 in less than a month and will be going to college in the fall...not far from my college. He will have to regain his freedom eventually but right now there seems to be very little hope for this issue unless he can find the strength to speak up against his own parents...it's such a difficult situation. I sure wish i could just see him...

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like he isn't good at confronting his parents so really not much you can do. Also sounds like his parents are massively controlling. Are they religious crazies? Let's hope they don't do something crazy like decide he can't go to college by himself.

As far as the threats, assuming you're within several years of his age, that's a bunch of crap and in most states isn't actionable (generally there's a 3 year window so if he's 17 and you're no more than 20, you should be good.)

but with luck, you guys can

5. Along with what Chip and Lex have said (all good points and advice there) your boyfriend has to find a way to deal with this himself, since obviously your attempts to help are not doing anything because his parents are being crazy. Your bf really either needs to try and dissipate some of the crazy by trying to reason with them or he needs to find a way to deal with it for another month and get the hell out of there.

Sorry it's such a crappy situation for both of you, but hopefully it will work out for the best. Good luck, hon. (*hug*)

6. organum456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks you guys. I am 20 btw...so I am indeed in the window of difference. I again am confident he will somehow get his freedom back soon enough. I have a good mind to press charges to his parents for harassment but i know that It would only probably make things worse for him...I hope he will be alright in the meantime.