1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosing loved ones to suacide .

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mercy, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Mercy

Mercy Guest

I lost dad almost 3 years ago to it :frowning2: i was so sad and everything . but now ive healed a little and im ready to talk to those contiplating or have lost someone to it . (*hug*)

2. Katelynn

I lost a friend many years ago to depression & suicide & I still miss her. It's hard to believe that someone in my life was in so much pain and hurting so badly & I just couldn't see anything until after it was too late...

(*hug*) to you as well hon. It is really difficult to lose somebody you love this way...

3. Mercy

Mercy Guest

it sure is and still is :frowning2: i miss him every day . who was ur friend ?? can i pray for them ?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just had dinner last night with a friend, and she told me that on Monday her father had killed himself. And I found yet again that as much as I pride myself on "being there for people", there are sometimes when there just aren't any words to say.

Lex

5. Mercy

Mercy Guest

this made me cry lex Thanks for ur beautifull words

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

First, I'm very sorry for anyone who has lived through something like this. (*hug*) I know how hard it is and can be. My uncle committed suicide two summers ago, and the third anniversary is in two weeks.

7. Mercy

Mercy Guest

the thing is everyone knew but me and when i found out its like WHY ?? didnt he know i loved him ? now i wounder how the heck i get up every day with out him and its almost 3 years later

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2011 at 07:48 AM ----------

God bless you Kidd sorry about ur uncle .

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2011 at 07:49 AM ----------

Dad died on Valentines day 09

8. Katelynn

My friend's name was Julie & you can most certainly pray for her, I still do too...

9. Mercy

Mercy Guest

thanks kiersten :slight_smile: i will pray for her

10. Bibliophile

I lost my best friend who lived on and off the ship with me for three years to suicide. As Lex said sometimes there is nothing one can say. This guy was like my brother and we lived and worked side by side for three years. I knew he had issues but he always talked to me about them and though he seemed at risk some times he always seemed to get better. Then the day it happened he seemed really upbeat and taking a turn for the better. He was getting out of the Navy soon and had college all lined up. Then that day he got depressed for no clear reason. I spoke with him and told him I had to used the bathroom and that we would talk more when I got back. Well I was washing my hands when they called the medical emergency away. In the space of 15 minutes he had hung himself in one of the lower spaced we owned. No note, no reasons we knew of why, to this day I have no idea why he did it.
    Its not an easy thing to live with as this was less then two years ago that it happened but I realize that if he didnt talk to me there was nothing that was going to change his mind.

11. trannydude

i understand that sometimes no one can see the pain that a person holds to themselves. you cant blame yourself for not seeing what somebody maybe doesnt want you to see. and remember, many people can never see a better day over the horizen. they can only see the bad things in their lives. the dont see hope to come and feel that their death could only be a blessing to those around them, they dont think of the saddness and brokenness their death could cause for those closest to them. understand that many feel that taking their own lives is the only option. you can not blame yourself for what you couldnt see. and try to look past the pain, and try to remember the good memories of a man who im shure held nothng but love for you.

12. Mercy

Mercy Guest

there is hope

13. ChutneyFarmer

I'm so sorry to hear about all you guys - I have lost people too (though not to suicide). While it's a shame to think that any life would end in such sadness, I like to think of death as an end to something GREAT!!!! That thing is life - in this life you've got to let go of the thought that you will die and determine to exit this world leaving them wanting more. I hope you all get through these hard times - Don't let the past steal your present.

14. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

^ that was really beautiful. :slight_smile: that final sentence would be a good signature

15. Mercy

Mercy Guest

16. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Why bu rascal flats helped me alot
    yet i bawl every time i hear it but i just feel like asking the question
    just remember you are important and to take care of you xo

17. trannydude

try to see it from the point of view of the person who feels that there wont be a rainbow after the never ending storm. 3 out of every 10 suicides are of GLBTQIA people.

18. Mercy

Mercy Guest

RIP TO ALL GLBT PEOPLE WHOM HAVE DIED due to suacide

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lost a good friend to it last January 2010. It was SUCH a shock because he was such a happy-go-lucky guy...I wish I had known better as I had talked to him two weeks prior. But no one would have guessed he'd commit it. He did move from London to Windsor...and that was such a weird change imo, but he was there for school to become a nurse. So yeah just the whole thing was such a shock.