1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Samus610

Okay here's the deal. I'm afraid that one of my friend hates me. You see usually what happens is that I will have a great group of friends and then a year later one of them will hate me and then all my friends will also hate me for some stupid reason. Like I'm annoying, I'm stupid, or I talk too much. That kind of thing. Well I can't say for sure but I think my friend that is gay hates me or something. I don't know. I just get this strange feeling that I annoy him. Like when I used to call him and talk to him about a problem in my life. He listens and tries to help me. It's just I think I'm annoying him with all my emotional crap, as I like to call it. I just feel like he hates me. I don't know what to do. I just get this energy from him that I annoy him and that he just plain hates me. What should I do?:help:

2. CrimsonThunder

Why don't you try asking him if he hates you?

3. biisme

i agree with crimsonthunder. find out if it's true.

4. ebra

Just approach the subject, be direct and honest

It doesnt matter how much a person loves you, sometimes if they feel as though all you do is use them and complain all the time, it is very easy to get annoyed with someone. maybe just back off, apologize and step back from using him as such a support and more just liek a friend.

5. Louise

If you don't want to go for the direct approach why don't you just say I don't want to bother/bore/get on your nerves with... and see what he says.

If he says that it doesn't bother/bore/get on his nerves, chat to him like you did before, if he ums and ahhs a bit then you know that he doesn't realy enjoy being your confidant anymore.

Good luck :icon_bigg

6. Samus610

I just talk to my friend and he does not hate me. He just doesn't like it when I talk during silences, which I sometimes find to be awkward. And the fact that I apologize too much. But we are still friends. So everything will be okay.

7. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Seems like an opportunity for you and formation of relationships with others. Understand you may have a number of people who like many things about you, but if you complain, whine, rant, vent and have all sorts of drama all the time, it is very tiring on others and will eventually drive a wedge between you.

For this description of your friend, it might be that he is being used for nothing but a means to get something taking care of for you. He may have a dominant personality trait that most men have, being Mr. Fix-it. Tell him about something and he tries to come up with means to fix it. Many have been the times when I have talked to various females in my life and tried to fix it only to be told, they don't want it fixed, they just want me to listen. The result of that is "WHAT??" if you don't want it fixed, why are you telling me? He may also be down psychologically and in need of withdrawal from you as if you use him a lot for dealing with your emotional crap as you call it, he might be feeling you are some sort of psychological leech, taking but never giving back.

It would not hurt to go over how you interact with your friends on a day to day basis and see if there is a trend to be "all about me" or of being a drama queen. If so, then you have an opportunity to make things different. You can include your friends and especially this one friend in on the good times as well as the bad, but also tell them how much you appreciate them. If you allow them into your life for good as well as bad, then more of a balance happens and it is meaningful.

Good luck and I am glad you were able to talk to them and know now they are not mad at you.