1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me? So confused!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by canadaboi, Jul 28, 2011.

1. canadaboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    okay, so i'm alittle confused and not sure what to do...
    To start the story, ill say that i am gay and when it started i was only out to my best friend. For like the past couple months i have had the biggest crush on this guy,but he was straight. We were in the same group of friends and hung out quite a bit, but would never talk outside of that. But within the past month things have changed a lot, ahaha. we hang out at least once a week in a group setting, but text and message each other a lot, he always seemed to be flirting with me but he was straight, or so i thought.
    A couple of days ago he told me that he was gay, he told me out of the blue, he is not completely out and he chose to tell me before some people that he is even closer with, like my best friend, he is much closer with her than me. so i am a little confused on why he would tell me, he asked me if i was gay and i told him yes etc, and he has been a big help giving me somebody to talk too, its cause of him i told my other best friend.
    I don't know if i should take it as a sign that he is maybe interested in me, cause that's what i thought at first, but i'm not sure i think that's just what i want the reason to be! he could have just told me for the sake of telling me. I'm so confused on what o do with this situation, considering no one else in our group know that he is gay, or for the most part that i am, so i'm not sure if he likes me or if i'm just delusional! Plus, im pretty sure if he did like me i completely ruined it cause now that he told me and he is like attainable i feel like i have been acting different in person, i feel like i'v been acting like a stupid flirt and it's embarrassing! So i don't know what to do and i'm hoping somebody can help!

2. First off, doesn't seem there's anything to be embarrassed about, so take a deep breath :slight_smile:

Second, you're probably going to have to ask him if he likes you. I know that no one ever wants to do this, but if you want to know and you don't want to wait for him to make a move or say something (which could be forever, because what if he's waiting for you to do it?) then you are going to have to speak up :slight_smile:

It sucks, but that's the only way to know for sure, in this case.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Mr.Pushover

I agree you may want to ask, but try not to over analyze things. Maybe he just wanted to be closer to you, so he had someone to talk to, considering he assumed already that you were gay. But, hey, sometimes you never know! You gotta take the first step though :slight_smile:

4. VentinIntrovert

Thats a sweet story. I'd asy give it some time and step back a little. Things will probably get clearer. I don't have a doubt that he likes you though. If you were him, would you out yourself to someone just because they are gay?

5. KaotikPrincess

Sounds like he likes you! :thumbsup: But you aren't going to find out for sure unless you ask... in high school I really liked this guy because I was new and he was the first one to befriend me, well I didn't know how to tell him so I wrote him a note and gave it to him the next day (saves me the humiliation in person). He read it and told me that it was flattering but he didn't like me in the same way... ok, back to you lol, that may be a good approach to finding out the truth, or ask someone you are close to like your friend if he/she can ask him for you, I tried that one once and SUCCESS!

Lol but yeah um try something like that :icon_wink

... or you know when you are alone try a gesture like trying to hold his hand or give him a back rub, etc.

6. Marlowe

Just ask him. You know you don't have the awkwardness of him possibly being straight. Remember he is your friend and he shared this secret with you which speaks to how much he values your friendship and trusts you. If he says yes, wonderful. I would give him room though because even if he does like you, he might not want to be in a relationship until he is out to more people. If not, you should also trust in your friendship that he will take it in stride. I have a huge crush on my straight best friend. And I know if I ever told him he would be flattered and say no and move on because we are friends above all other things. On the other hand, before I realized I was gay, I asked out a friend of mine who politely decline. It broke my heart, but eventually I got over it after being apart for a few days and we are as close as ever.

7. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like he likes you, and was seeing how you'd react. He may even suspect you're gay (hence why he told you before his other friends). If you feel comfortable around him, I would suggest considering coming out to him and admitting you like him - he probably already knows and likes you too. Let us know how it goes, whatever you decide! :slight_smile:

8. canadaboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all the advice guys!
    For now, I think we are both to much in the closet to have a relationship. Even though it would make me extremely happy. I still don't know if he likes me but I think i might just wait it out a little maybe ask him a little later or never know maybe he will tell me! But thanks so much for the advice! it's good to know i'm not crazy to think that he likes me!

9. Uniboth

Man... I just had a flash of jealousy...heh just a lil bit. Congrats dude!!! Your situation doesn't happen to many of us.

I'd say take it easy. Don't ruin things just because you know he might swing your way. Now that you know he's capable of falling for you, chillax and breathe in the relief that the dude's gay too. You should see how things will develop for a few more weeks. Great things come to those who's patient (being patient is better than being a wait-er). Truth is, you'll know what to do when the time comes anyways...so no stressing!!