1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I Came Out To My Mother...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CharmanderGato, Jul 30, 2011.

1. CharmanderGato

Alabama (a very closed-minded, bigoted town)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Alright, first, to explain my situation, I believe I'm a bi (leaning closer to gay, but i don't have a kinsey #) guy in a girl's body... And I asked my mum if we could get a rainbow bracelet for me to wear, she asked why, and I explained, because I never can lie to her anyway. She said she'd have to get me one. And that was a few days ago. (This was all over the phone) SO i got to her house last night, and she keeps making references to me being straight. A normal straight girl. And I'm bi for sure... but that's aside the point. I know the difference between being straight and being a gay guy. You all know this, I'm sure. And how would she know what I am? She's the same one that told me I wasn't bi and just going through a stage before... and I never got over that.

She keeps saying it's because of how it's a difficult life choice and i'm 16 and blah blah blah, we've all heard it, or you can guess. I'm out to a few other people: my best friend (a girl), my mum's boyfriend and his daughter (a bisexual), and a cousin, but mum's important too... And I feel like she's pushing me away now... Hoping I'll get out of the phase I'm in.

So... any advice on how to get her to understand? Anything is greatly appreciated.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

:frowning2: * hugs tight * i feel your pain just be you and love yourself <3

3. CharmanderGato

Alabama (a very closed-minded, bigoted town)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    *hugs back* I just don't know what to do. i try to be me, but she still doesn't see it.