1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight girl liking girl?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by littleoldme, Jul 31, 2011.

1. littleoldme

ok so this is going to sound really odd but im going to ask anyway
    is it possible for a straight girl to have a crush on a female?
    ok now let me explain a little for a long time i was 100% sure i was straight then i started questioning it like i never had anything against it but like i started thinking like maybe i could like girls now im still not really sure what i am and i know i dont need to label myself with anything but like i like this one girl (alot...) but like im not attracted to any other girls like i dont find the idea of been with a girl (unless it this one girl) something for me i dont really know if ive explained it very well but like i asked is it possible for a straight girl to have a crush on a female?

2. Bibliophile

It is totally possible. It is possible for you to have feelings for this one person and then maybe never again for the same sex or maybe every once in a while you would find a girl that those feelings would come back for. Sexuality is a complicated thing and not so nearly as black and white as we like to think. Dont be afraid to give voice or act on your feelings so long as you are comfortable doing so. What you feel is totally normal and is not even uncommon really.

3. flymetothemoon

It is absolutely possible, and completely normal. Sexuality is very fluid and can change over time. It's also not as black and white as many people would like to make it. For the longest time I was convinced I was completely straight until I met one girl, just like you said, who convinced me otherwise. And now I'm dating her and totally in love, and even considering proposing soon. I don't know if I would ever find another girl I feel this way about, or if I would ever find anyone else I really feel this way about, so I don't really consider myself to be gay but certainly not 100% straight anymore. Like I said, not so black and white. So you are absolutely not alone.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your focus shouldn't be on what your orientation on facebook (or wherever) says you are.
    Your focus should be on your crush. And enjoying it. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. littleoldme

thanks for all the replies quite helpful thanks :slight_smile:

6. Sadepeura

When you have a crush on someone you don't really even find other people attractive because it's this one person that you're really interested in!

You're not gay, but it's possible that you're bisexual (if you want to have a label). You could be either Kinsey 1 or 2. Kinsey 1 being straight with rare homosexual interests.

But as others already said, it doesn't matter. If your crush on this girl is the thing that feels right, nothing else matters.