1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please? :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by turniptumbler, Jul 31, 2011.

1. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'll be shopping, and I'll look across the room and some, super hot guy will be staring at me, and I get SO excited :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But the problem is, I always just keep looking back, and I sometimes smile, but rarely :/ :frowning2: And I always miss these chances to potentially make a gay friend or whatever else. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: SO I want to know what I should do? Because just looking back is doing nothing :/ I would be asking a gay guy, but I have zero gay friends, only lesbians and straight people HOORAY! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2011 at 02:20 PM ----------

OH and the other thing I wanted help with, is my gay teacher told me that 7 guys of the football team went up to him and said that they were gay, how could I make them more comfortable to mabye confide it with me? I feel bad that they have no one to go to :frowning2:

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Welcome id advise you take a dive and introduce urself :slight_smile: no matter the out come ul make great friends

3. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm such a talkative and social person around people, and than around gay guys I'm always nervous, and shy :frowning2: So I can't just ever go introduce myself :frowning2:((((((((

4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Awh i bet you could if u tryed

5. KnightAssassin

first of all welcome to EC , secondly i know its hard and seeing someone else showing interest is awesome . If they show interest then you know they atleast see something in you to look at :slight_smile: so don't worry about what they will say because anyways there isn't the best chance you will run into them again if it goes bad and if not . you got someone else to talk to !

6. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LikeI know I`m gay and everything else, but even at school dances when a guy comes up and tries to dance with me i`ll walk away, I just freak out when I`m around them and I have no clue why :frowning2:( and idk what to do about it :$

7. Bibliophile

This is called approach anxiety. The only way to get over it is to go out there and bomb out time and again with people you want to meet. What you need to understand is that they are not regretting you as a person. How could they? They dont know you, so they are only rejecting your approach. So improving your approach is the only way to get better and the only way to improve it is to get out there and do it.

8. gaius

gaius Guest

I'm sorry, not to miss the whole point of your post...but 7 people on the football team, what kind of heaven do you live in!?

9. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHHH I know it`s great right?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I just don`t know which ones they are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:PP

10. Mercy

Mercy Guest

well just hang around the team n try n figuer it out !!

11. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It`s hard though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My brother is on the football team, and friends with like all of them, so it`ll look odd if I`m talking to some of them without anyone else :O

12. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i understand