1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shifting between gay and straight almost daily

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blikeo, Aug 2, 2011.

1. blikeo

for the past 5 years i have been attracted to both sexes equally, so i have always identified as bisexual. but lately i have been shifting back and forth. for 2 days i'll be pretty much totally straight, where even thinking about another guy grosses me out, then for 2 days after that ill be totally gay, where thinking about women will gross me out.

what's wrong with me now?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're 16. :slight_smile:

Being bisexual doesn't (necessarily) mean you find both sexes equally attractive. It doesn't even mean that your "split" ("60% gay/40% straight") will remain the same for any length of time. These things can change, especially when you're younger and the hormones are still finding their place. :slight_smile:

Actually, this sort of thing is common in straights and gays as well. Not so much the switching of genders but finding different things attractive. I remember a time when I was exceptionally attracted to muscular guys. That was pretty much it for a month or so. Then, just as suddenly, I found it was geeky guys that were interesting me, and muscular guys weren't doing it for me anymore.

What do you do? Ride it. If it's guys doing it for you, cool - think about guys. If it's girls, think about girls. Eventually things will settle down. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Melusine

Lex is right. It's annoying, but it happens. For a good year when I was younger I thought I was a complete lesbian, and then after that I wasn't really attracted to girls at all. In your teen years your hormones are CRAZY! just take it a day at a time. Things will calm down eventually.