1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on two topics!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yuki Shihoin, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Yuki Shihoin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! I'm new here as of last night, actually, it's a pretty interesting story how I even found EC, but that's not what I came to talk about.

I have two things I think I need help with. One, just totally coming out, mostly to my family but to all my guy friends as well (Most of my girl friends already know). Just some advice, tips, or whatever! What did you do when you decided you were gonna tell people? How did you prepare? None of them are raging homophobes or anything, and I think my mom might suspect me already, but its really nerve wracking just to think about it,my stomach is doing flips flops as I sit here typing. Any advice would be strongly appreciated!

And two, I have this huge crush on one of my girl friends who knows I'm bi but she doesn't know that I like her. And then last night I went on to her about this really good looking guy I saw earlier that day and I kinda feel like that was dumb now. So I guess what I'm asking is, how should I approach this? We've known each other for a few years and even though we don't see each other in person nearly as much as I want to, I text her almost every day. And I keep trying to drop hints and stuff, but I've never really done anything along the lines of confessing to someone so I don't know how to approach the situation exactly, and I don't know if my being bi could lessen or strengthen my chances at all.

I get super jealous when she's with her other friends, I had one terrifying nightmare that I fully believed was attributed to her presence in my mind. When I do get to see her in person, its like the angels sing, the fireworks go off and everything is right in the world cause she's there with me. She's such a beautiful person both inside and out and I think she deserves to be the happiest girl in the world! And I want to make that happen! So how do you tell one of your best girl friends (who knows your bi) that your head over heels for her? Any ideas? Anyone? Please?

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Welcome :slight_smile:
    dont be afraid to be honest with your self.
    Comming out is so hard but believe me when any one does it they feel alot better
    xo

3. Meropspusillus

It's kind of like when you jump in cold water. One could technically wade slowly into it, but it's a lot faster when you just go in all at once. It also ends up feeling a lot better a lot quicker. Basically, just take a deep breath, and say "I'm bi." one day, or hit send on that e-mail, or facebook message, or whatever.

It's a bit of a leap, but you gotta take it. And good luck.

Also, I am hardly an expert on confessing pent up feelings, but frankly like my other advice sometimes the best thing to do is just come out and say it. I'm quite clueless, and I don't think I'd notice anyone crushing on me unless they told me they liked me. I think the best way to 100% communicate to someone the way you feel about them, is just to tell them.

4. Yuki Shihoin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, both of you! Just coming right out and saying it seems really the best way to go about these things......my friends that know have been telling me for awhile now the same thing. It really is like jumping into cold water actually! That's an easy way of thinking about it......