1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just come out?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ViableImparting, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ViableImparting

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My Mother and I were eating dinner in a small Mexican place. Anyways, somehow we got on the subject of my friend Me'a (who's openly bisexual). After a while I got the strange feeling that she was talking about me... asking me if I was bi. The conversaiton went something like this (cheesy reprasentation, but that's not the point... first comes my Mom):

"So... I mean, are you?"

"Huh?"

"Well, uh, if you had to put yourself in a label, uh... what would it be?"

"I..."

I went on to explain that I feel that it wouldn't be wise of me to label myself at such a young age, and that I love whoever I love (if I fall in love with a woman, so be it, and vice versa). Although it seemed extremely awkward, she seemed fine with it... my questino is, did I just... well, come out, I suppose?
    :help:

EDIT: I understand that once I've attained a more sunstantial status, I'll have a more frightening coming out to face.

2. Dominoflare

Dominoflare Guest

Well sounds like you did :grin: and that's great!
    You're lucky to have a mum that's cool with it
    And yeah there probably will be more coming out moments to face but they shouldn't be frightening if you don't want them to be :slight_smile:

3. chrisb

You only came out if you wanted to come out, and that is one small step but now that you have your mother on your side the next few steps should be much easier, good luck! : )

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you essentially did come out. And I think your mom probably already had an idea, or she wouldn't have asked. Sounds like it went fine and she's fine with it :slight_smile:

5. DerekB15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol I like that, the way you sorta came out. And your mom seems like she's totally cool with it but maybe coming out fully (if you actually feel bisexual) would help your mom have a better understanding of whats going on. Trust me take advantage of mothers who are understanding. They really help.

6. chrisb

I told my mom while she was driving, i knew she was understanding when her car didn't crash and kill us both lol

7. 4alex6

It sounds like you came out, congratulations! Now that your mom knows you will have someone to support you if you chose to come out to other people. Trust me, as you start to tell some other people it gets easier to come out. Just work at your own pace and stay confident! :slight_smile:

8. ViableImparting

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments.