1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PanPacifist, Nov 23, 2007.

1. PanPacifist

I don't know how to explain my situation. You know how many people think that here is a spectrum of sexuality and how some people are on the straight end, some are on the gay end, and some are somewhere in between?
    Well, I generally classify myself as a pansexual... even though I say bisexual to most people because it's easier to understand.
    But... lately I keep waivering. One day I'll be right where I always think I am, open to anyone that makes my heart skip a beat, no matter what... and then another day... I'll lean more towards girls.
    I don't know if this just means that I am still confused or that maybe I lean more towards females than anything else...

When I see two girls together, it makes my heart skip...

I'm very confused.

My name is PanPacifist, and I don't even know if I'm pansexual.

=(

Help?

If you can...

:confused:

2. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The way I look at sexuality is that it's fluid. I've known plenty of gay men who have had a crush on a girl, straight girls who have numerous crushes on other girls, bisexuals leaning towards one side by open to both.

I don't know much about pansexuals, but what I think I understand is that you fall in love more with personalities than genders. Is that right?

Your label shouldn't shape your relationships.

3. PanPacifist

Yeah, that's basically it. It also means that I would date people who don't identify with either gender or are transgendered.
    And thanks. What you said does make sense.
    It's just sometimes I'm not attracted to guys at all, and other times I love everyone the same. So maybe... I'm pansexual, but I lean towards girls? I don't know. I'm still confused.
    But thank you!

4. SpikySpice

What you do is dont think about it too much, dont label yourself, it's gonna bother you more and make you tired.

You are still though teh age of body and emotion developing, so it's quite confusing. Dont assume your sexuality, because you'll see how rapid it chnages. Like today you think and say you are bi, but teh next mornign when you wake up, you'll think you are lesbian, so teh lebel dont make a different but just confuses you more

I have read somewhere that said teh real key to determine your orientation is the romance. If you are able to fall in true love with a girl, rather than to enjoy physical contatc with her, you are lesbian.
    But Im a gay man and i fall in love with some girls-not with them but their personalities. So liking a guy cuz his innerside dosnet make you straight? I think that is another thing if you know what I man

And it's hard to know teh different between a crush and love at your age

5. This is exactly what I was gonna say. Sexuality tends to fluctuate.

6. PanPacifist

Thanks guys. I guess the only reason I'm confused is because I've known I wasn't straight since I was 13. So I just think that it's weird that I'm confused all of the sudden after four years.
    Oh well. =)
    I'm just not going to worry about it.
    Even if I lean more one way or another, I can still fall for anyone, so I guess my label, however much I hate them, fits me.

<3

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i think it would be possible to be a pansexual, occasionally leaning toward girls. i would find that label relatively easy to accept, if someone said that was who they were. but totally straight people who've never thought about their sexuality probably would find it harder and harder to understand the more caveats you add to your label. i suppose everyone needs a series of labels, depending on who they're telling. so, for eample, you tell straights you don't know very well, "bisexual"; you tell people you think could cope with more nuance "pansexual"; you tell people you want to be better friends with "pansexual leaning towards girls"; you tell your best friends and partners "pansexual but sometimes leaning towards girls and most attracted by the thought of another pansexual woman" (say); and you don't bother to tell yourself anything too rigidly, because not only would it take years to fully describe your exact nuance of orientation, what's the point?- the best way to know is just to feel it.

hope that helps at all.

ps: i understand the irony of me giving label adivce when i myself am so messed up as to what to define myself as. i am better at adivising others than knowing my own heart :wink:

8. PanPacifist

That makes better sense than anything running through my own head lately.
    Thank you very much.
    =D