1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing D:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Enaithor, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Enaithor

Right, so, I've had a HUGE crush on this guy for the last 2 years now. I mean, it's to the point where I guess a lot of people would say I'm in love with him but I don't think it counts like that, people overuse the word love. Way too much.
    So I've been wanting to get over him for ages, but sort of not at the same time...I'm pretty sure he's bisexual, but if he is then he is closeted, and he has a girlfriend at the moment anyway.
    I think I'm finally starting to get over him by like...displacement? I now have another rather large crush on someone but this time he is straight D:
    So this dude I really need to get over now because that's just the most pointless thing ever D: I mean at least the first dude probably likes guys (my gaydar is like, pro) but obviously I need to get over him because yaknow...2 years...and girlfriend...*facepalm*
    I'm not even sure what I'm asking here...what do I do perhaps? D:

2. feelindown

feelindown Guest

stop crushing on unavailable people. its' not going to happen. focus energy on people that are available and interested in similiar things/orientation.

3. Marlowe

I totally know what you are talking about. Anyone who has ever read my posts knows I have a huge crush on my straight best friend (might be bi, but in any case he and his girlfriend are super cute and have been together for ages). I guess the question I have for everyone, and I think it might also be what you wanted to ask is:

How do you get over crushes on guys who are unavailable. I seen this advice a lot but not on how to actually get over them.

4. KaotikPrincess

Feelindown is right, start focusing on people who are available and more likely to date you rather than this person. Keep him as an option though, don't completely close your heart to this guy but in the meantime open up your heart to others and if you are still single and this guy breaks up with his girlfriend and you still like him, I don't see why you couldn't continue to pursue him :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2011 at 06:58 PM ----------

I have this automatic mindset where if a guy (or girl) are already in a relationship, my feelings (crushing feelings) will be blocked and I won't think twice about it. Strange, but thats the way it is with me. I really really really liked this guy in high school but pretty much the day after he got a girlfriend I was over him.:slight_smile:

5. Enaithor

People who are available = 0 though so I have no-one else to focus my energy on
    Saying "stop crushing on unavailable people" doesn't actually mean anything though because I have no idea how to do that and in a way it would feel a bit like cutting off a limb or something I'm not quite sure how to describe it

6. chrisb

I know how you feel, and that feeling of wanting someone is because they are unavailable, chances are if he was single there is still no possitive he'd date you, your only confirmation he may be bi is gaydar? Well sorry to break it to you but gaydar does not work 100% of the time... Don't focus so much on this one guy you are young be around new people, focus on school, if you are completly out he knows your gay, he knows your an option if he is bi if he hasn't talked to you yet he may not, i dont want to crush your hopes but its easy to get hurt in these situations, you need to ask yourself do you even want to set yourself up to be hurt? Even if by slight chance he was bi do you want a closet relationship? Anyway i hope this helps...

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, i do not have any ideas as to how to get over a crush. You will always have this problem, every one will have this problem throughout their whole life. It's the power of attraction. i've been friends with my best friend for 10 years and i actually had a crush on him, but i acted more in a manner of a friend when I am around him than anything else.

What made the problem a bit worse for me was that we saw each other practically every day. If i did not go to him, he would come to me, so the only way i could have done it is just simply not open the door when he's at my place. But being the kind of person I am i just couldn't do it.

It got even worse, so much so that every time i see him I used to get a huge hard on... I kinda fixed that problem to masturbating before i know he would show up, but half an hour later or even less it would be back. so I had to use the top layer of my pants to stop showing the hard on.

If you read some of my previous posts it actually goes on to some experiences, but that is not what this post is about.

All I can say is focus your attention on something else, I used to at a time when it got so unbearable to devour novels and books that would keep my attention, like the Lord of the Rings (actually read that 7 times and now could read it in a single week), i lived myself into the games, movies and everything else i could find that will keep my attention off the guy. It worked in a way, but it's not the actual solution.

At the end though he did something really bad towards, me and that hurt me so much the crush I had just went away with all the hurt

8. chrisb

Listen to Thylvin's experience really listen, situations like this rarely end well. Don't let yourself become obsessed with a man who will not ever be fully available to you. Stop it before you get hurt...

9. Enaithor

It's not like I have control over who I'm attracted to though...and I'm not attracted to them because they're unavailable...the dude that I've been crushing on for the last 2 years, has only had his girlfriend for the last like, 3 months or something