1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SaphireMoon, Aug 6, 2011.

1. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    hi, i am 22 yeas old and i recently decided to accept that i am MtF trans i have known since i was 13 years old but wanted to act like the good old boy for my mom. but i feel like if i keep that up any longer im going to break. when i start acting more like "me" it is an almost certainty that i will be doing this alone without help from my family if i am not outright disowned, so i was wondering if anyone knew of support groups i could join that are online or in the moorhead fargo area or any advice they wish to impart. thank you for taking the time to help out if you decide to reply.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I did a quick Google search for GLBT centers in the Moorhead-Fargo area and found this: Pride Collective & Community Center. It's the best I can do for you, unfortunately, not being transsexual myself, but I hope it helps.

3. Leif

I've joined a few support groups myself but have actually found EC to be the best of the bunch. Don't be afraid to ask questions and make friends.(*hug*) There are a lot of good people here willing to give any advice they can.

4. Brentini

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish I knew how you felt, i really hope everything works out for you, like Lizzette said, this is a great place to seek support, maybe if you tried explaining exactly how you felt to whichever parent is more accepting you might be surprised to see that no matter if you're their son or their daughter, you're still their child. I know the feeling of being afraid of how your parents will accept you or not, but just as my dad surprised me, i hope your parents surprise you for the better :slight_smile:

5. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I can't really offer you much advice since I don't know what it is like to be trans and I haven't known anyone who identifies as such. However, I did just want to leave you a little comment offering my support. I know it was hard enough coming out to my family as gay and I can't imagine how much more difficult it would have been if I were transexual. So you have my support 100% and I admire your courage and honesty. If the world was filled with people who had the strength of character and honesty that you had it would be a much better place. From Texas, best wishes and lots of love coming your way(*hug*).

6. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I thank you for the support it means a great deal to me.