1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i excepted

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by candyapple, Aug 7, 2011.

1. candyapple

i feel like im a lesbian because i have never really been atracted to any guys in my life. i have never even been with a guy only girls yet when i first came out to my parents i told them i was bi they said they excepted me as long as i was happy but the months went by and they started making fun of me! my dad would make jokes that is only daughter is a homo and my mom would laugh and go on and on about how she has to rely on my brothers because i will never give her grand babys even thou she knows im bisexual i told her if i do marry a girl i would adopt and she dismissed adoption as if she wouldnt love the kid i adopt the same which if you knew my mom is completely weird because she would take care of the whole town where we use to live maybe im just reading her the wrong way idk but i dont feel like they care about my feeling especially my dad
    what do you think i should do :confused2:

#1 candyapple, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Mogget

Relax! You aren't anywhere close to having children. You have years and years for your parents to get comfortable with your sexuality.

3. Eric

I think in their minds, this is just playful teasing. If you're really uncomfortable with it, confront them and tell them you don't like the jokes and want them to stop.

4. candyapple

thanks guys! lol

5. acd92

I'm basically going to echo what you just heard and say that this might just be playful teasing. However, if it is really upsetting you, I would respectfully ask your parents to stop making fun of you. When I tried to come out to my mom, she immediately dismissed the thought, but later started making fun of me and asking what made guys seem so attractive to me. This all really bothered me and made me feel uncomfortable, so I asked her to stop. And of course, she wasn't at all pleased when I asked her to do so, but she did drop the subject. Now she's sort of living in denial, but that's a whole other story. I would recommend just explaining how uncomfortable and hurt these sly remarks make you feel. They may be your parents, but remember that they can't read your mind. So, if something's bothering you, tell them. And hopefully you all can work it out from there. :slight_smile:

6. FloatingPiano

Yeah, I agree with the other people that have posted on here. I think it's just them playfully messing around, but if it really upsets you, then just ask them in a mature and respectful way to stop teasing. :slight_smile: