1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling weird @ straight events

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by feelindown, Aug 7, 2011.

1. feelindown

feelindown Guest

hi community, i need your support. i'm not out really to my friends and do not want to be really. i'm still figuring my sexuality out so i dont feel the need to share it with others. however, i recently went to a straight event. i knew a few people there but mostly everyone was new/strangers. normally i would be able to network and have fun in the past, but this time it was different. i wasn't having fun. all my guy friends were trying to check out girls and talk to them and all the girls were sitting around in groups. all the guys were sitting around in groups. i talked to a few people but overall, i just felt out of place. i wasn't attracted to anyone there (female or male). but lately, i just dont like going to straight events/social gatherings. its ok and maybe this particular event just sucked. but overall, i dont know what to do at these events. talking to girls i'm not interested in is kinda pointless because they end up liking me. talking to guys is hard because they are there for girls and most of the guys aren't open for randomly being chatted up by a guy. so i find myself bored at these things after a while. they used to be fun but now they are boring to me. gay clubs aren't really my thing either so i feel like socially i dont know where i fit in. any advice or help? i felt really irritated when i was there. it was weird. i really didn't want to be there adn i felt irritated and eventulaly left. i think i was in an angry stage. i just dont feel like myself anymore. i feel like something is missing in me.

2. nerdyboy87

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I kinda feel the same way you do about myself. When I snapped out of my denial, and figured out once and for all I'm not straight, it felt like a massive hole got blown in me, and now it feels like a void. I'm more sure of myself, but there's still something missing.

But enough about me. Anyways, for 'straight' events, I've always just gone the platonic route. For example, most guys actually don't mind being chatted up by a random guy. If he's straight, don't hit on him, because that'll definitely piss him off. But just chit chatting shouldn't tick off a guy. As for girls, girls love to hang out with gay guys. Just be yourself.

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with nerdyboy87...

I myself... I love straight events... love looking at the hot straight guys LOL but i do feel out in them in the end... gay clubs.... well I was there at a couple of times... but the guys there are big whores and that isn't my scene... yeah the guys are hot but I don't want to screw a guy and found out five minutes ago he kissed another and a half an hour later he gave a bj to another... that is plain wrong so i tend not to go there. I don;t even associate with the local gay community here.. i think they are to womanly (I don't like those type of gays) and they are too much of whores. Constantly find out who slept with what who was in a fight because of jealousy and screwing behind one another's back. No thank you, that just ain't for me.

I associate better with the straight guys and rather go to that kinda events than the gay events... that said i wouldn't mind going to those Ibiza and Argentina's gay rally's, that's cool, i love the music being played and there are all sorts of gay people there not just the womanly type that is found here where I live.

Where it is different for me though, is i don't have many girls as friends, i just can't speak to them, I don't wanna know about that girls shopping spree and stuff like that, though i love talking with then they talk about guys LOL So i have more straight guy friends than you can possibly imagine... i don;t come out to everyone i meet either. My sexuality is for me to know and those closest in my life. You will also be surprised at how many straight guys actually think about experimenting... that's when i am in my element... love to help them explore that avenue LOL

4. feelindown

feelindown Guest

hi nerdboy, i'm the OP. i guess i am just getting frustrated. i'm in my mid 30s. i have been single for over 5 years since my last relationship with a woman. i really want to meet someone but everything is really sex driven with the guys i have met. since i dont want to do that, it never works out. also, i just dont feel like there's a place for me anywhere. i just want to meet someone and seems really hard to meet quality people that are gay. i know they are out there but probably in a closet. i guess i just feel like i'm going to be alone forever. it hurts.

5. PersonalTaste27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*)