1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MandyMasquerade, Aug 7, 2011.

1. MandyMasquerade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. I need some help :/ I've known i've had feelings for both genders since i was 13. Now, i know i am Bi, and i'm happy. I would be happier if i could tell more people. Sometimes when i get comfortable with someone i just come out and say it... I've come out to 7 people... but there are many MANY times that i want to tell them... but as soon as i start to, i start to panic. I feel like running and hiding in a hole, putting my hands over my mouth and just screaming as loud as i can.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

2. Chandra

Hi, and welcome. :slight_smile: First off, I want to say congrats on coming out to 7 people already - that's a great start!

What you're describing sounds very much like the way I approached my coming out process. Sometimes the time just felt right and I said it, other times I wanted to but I chickened out. I think this is quite normal, and I'd ask you to be gentle with yourself and not push yourself too hard to come out fully if you're not ready. Most people find that it takes a lot of time, sometimes years, to get to the point where they're completely comfortable with it. I mean, I've been out for two years and in a relationship for one year, and there are still times when it makes me uncomfortable to tell someone. But in general, I think you will find that it gets easier over time, and with each person you tell.