1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XXReye, Aug 7, 2011.

1. XXReye

So I came to be aquainted with this lesbian, who isn't really the kind of person I'd hang around with normally. She kept saying how we should hang out, and eventually I said yes because she said she'd buy me coffee (I am a sucker for free food ^^').
    So we're hanging out in a group, and the whole time she keeps texting me about how hot I am and how she wants to get with me. I've told her before and told her again that I'm asexual and not interested. She kept texting me the rest of the night though about how I make her so hot (ewwww).
    Thing is, she has a girlfriend. And I know she has a huge history of cheating in the past. I really don't want to get caught up in lesbian drama, but I also feel like an ass for letting her get away with hitting on other people.
    Do you think I should tell her girlfriend about what happened? I don't know the girlfriend, so it would just be a random facebook message.

2. Eric

In situations like this, I find it best to not get involved at all, unless you're close with this girl's girlfriend. The best thing you might be able to do is tell the girl who likes you that what she's doing (or trying to do) isn't right, and you want her to stop. Mind you, if she wants to cheat, she'll probably find someone else anyhow.

3. Katelynn

I think maybe the direct route with this girl might be better. Take her aside & speak to her face-to-face & explain that what she is doing is making you very uncomfortable, is inappropriate & that, even if you were interested, you wouldn't ever be with someone who is willing to cheat on her girlfriend. If you were to post on her gf's Facebook page, then that would be possibly opening up yourself to being in the middle of a very nasty couple's argument and may make everything even more uncomfortable for you...

4. XXReye

You're right, I really don't want to get involved. I am thinking that if she tries it again, I'll tell her to stop and that she should respect her relationship with her girlfriend (as well as my disinterest in her). If she continues, then I think I might tell her that I will inform her girlfriend if she doesn't stop.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No reason to tell. If you, who hardly know her, know that she has a reputation for being a cheater, chances are excellent that he girlfriend knows this, too. No reason to get involved.

Lex

6. Zontar

This scenario would be considerably easier for everybody, especially you, if you just drop it now and stay out of things.