1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flatmate Situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lachjo, Aug 8, 2011.

1. lachjo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I've been dating an awesome guy for a while, and I'm not out. Finally kind of got busted (he wanted to know who the new gf I had over was, and i didn't want to lie), and came out to the flatmate last night. I want to hang out with him so bad, but I think it would be weird to have him over while the roommate is here. We can't go over to his place cause he's not out to his dad. Would hanging out with him tomorrow night at the house be too soon? What would you guys do in this situation?

2. Leif

I think tomorrow definitely might be too soon. Give your flatmate a few days to get used to it and if you're both comfortable with it, talk more about it.

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wait like a few days for it to settle in for your roommate and then ask your him if he minds your boyfriend coming over

4. Ridiculous

How did your flatmate react?

If he reacted well, then I don't really see why it would be any different to you having a girl over. If he didn't react well or was a bit awkward, then you probably should give him a few days as Lizzette and Concretehands said.

Additionally, is there a reason your boyfriend isn't out to his dad? Perhaps you could try working on that as well, because it would make your relationship much easier if you didn't have to hide.

#4 Ridiculous, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011