1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling down and Clueless

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, Aug 8, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I have learned today them the HND course I have applied to has rejected me for some reason and I have no clue what next I can't go fore clearance courses until the 18th and I can't find a apprenticeship I have a feeling i blow my chance for a half descent job and I feel really depressed and alone and worried about my future and even if I have one. advice or a kind word would be nice.

2. Just Passing

It sucks to have been turned down for a course. I've been involved with National Diploma and Foundation Degree courses for Interactive Media and Games Development for three years and it really is something special.

But not getting on a course doesn't mean it's all over. You can always apply for something else or try and get employment to at least get your CV looking nice.

I wish you luck dude. :slight_smile:

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah I agree with Just Passing... There are more employers.... make many copies of you CV and send it in to as many places as you can. You broaden your chances for a successful career. The right companies will even help you to study further especially if it can be of use to them.

If you want to get into that specific course, find other institutions that also provides the courses. Check on-line too... there are many options, you are not just limited to one you applied at.

Good luck!!!

Just for informative sakes, what is NHD?

4. British Lad

British Lad Guest

HND is a Higher National Diploma

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh... cool we don;t get that here LOL We either have to get study permits to get to SA and then get into a college or university... but you only get it if the course isn't offered here as well.

The other problem we have is that here locally, if you as a white person goes and study at the university or technicons... the other black people is especially racist to you and will verbally and sometimes physically abuse you. My sister was studying Marine Biology and Micro Biology at the university, she has been abused by the fellow black students verbally as well as physically. It didn't matter if she complained about it. it just got worse and worse, until she could not take it any more and had to drop out. I wish I was in a country like the US or UK where this racism doesn't exist, where each student is free to study what they want without the abuses. We can now only do on-line course.

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

UK is a little rasest, just they tune it down and if caught there are heavier punishments.