1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on Straight People

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Midget, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Didn't see a topic about this, I apologize if I'm repeating.... Also apologize for not being politically correct in the subject. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten bashed for the term "straight people"...

We've all done it. At least, I know I can't be the only one.

I've had a massive crush on my best friend Jen for three or four years now. We always get off the phone saying "I love you" and everything, and she's just the sweetest thing on the planet, so I figured it was safe to inform her of this crush. Of course, she said she loves me as always but is straighter than straight can possibly get. I know she's a little disgusted by the idea of homosexuality, but she never says it near me. She has a boyfriend and I always joke about stealing her away from him, but I know better than to ever do anything. I'm even careful about hugging her now. I feel paranoid sometimes to never show I love her in that way. And it's hard to move on when she's so wonderful and there aren't many interesting/smart/pretty girls around the area. One of these days I'll be over it, though.

So, anyone have a story to tell? How do you guys work through them?

2. Ty

Ty Guest

At sleepovers and even at school sometimes luke would act rather...urhm....something...around me lol doing all sorts of stuff like he kissed me on the cheek once in maths so i kissed him back and he was like =O lol

Also, sleepovers i always sleep beside him x shirtless XD

But then i saw him with his girlfriend and how "in love" he is with her. so ive like completely backed off and its more casual convo now.

ahh memories....

3. SkyTears

One of my closest friends is hands down straight. I personally just can't crush on him no matter what and he seems to know this without me telling him. He is so close to me that I just can't see anything happening even if he was gay. On the other hand one of my friends (female) had a crush on me when I came out [akward!]. But yeah ... now I'm closer friends with her then I ever was. I don't think any of that information will help you but if it does then yay.

4. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That reminds me of how I got asked out by about four or five different guys the same week I came out. At least I wasn't friends with most of them!

5. SRSLYMARK

I get crushes on straight boys a LOT. And I notice that whenever I do, I have a tendency to act...well, uncomfortably flirty around them and it pisses them off. I usually back off after that though.

6. davo-man

Ppl may have read this before (so sorry for repeating it) but I have a crush on best friend who is a guy. Thats been going on for about 3 months. After I told my other best friend (a girl) she meets him at my party. They hit it off, and now they are couple...It's really frustrating to see them together, but the straight guy doesnt mind me showing affection (like hugging) so I like that, but it's really not the same is it?

Also Iv got a huge crush on my other straight friend, and he is so accepting of my sexuality that it's just so nice and refreshing if you know what I mean. Also, it helps that he is incredibly hot, and has an English accent (my favourite of all accents!)

7. kevinx519

ahha i know the feeling of liking someone totally straight. ok well im not sure if the guy im crushing on right now is totally straight. but i think he is....ok well my friend told me he might not be. but im going to assume he is because its a safer bet. haha sorry i tend to ramble. anyway, i find that i flirt with him way too much. and then he flirts back. and im like *sigh* please be gay. so yeah. my life story.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why on Earth would someone take offence to the term "straight people?" How is that problematic for them?

9. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish I knew the reason. I've gotten so much lip about it: "We're heterosexual, thank you," or "We're people, not a classification." I don't know what's so awful about the term. I mean, I can't think of a way to be more politically correct.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gosh, that's insane. I think you should refer to them as non-homosexuals. Or, better yet, boring. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not that I actually think that straight people are boring. Well okay, most of the guy ones are. *giggle* But you should tell them THEY definitely are.

Or really, since non-homosexuals might also include bisexuals, then you should refer to them as non-queer people. Or "the NQ" for short. Hey, that could be a new phone from Nokia or a new portable game console! Or maybe it already was.

11. SRSLYMARK

*Wikis "The NQ".*

Nope, it doesn't exist. I smell patents!

12. xxXJoe15919Xxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i have a crush on this cute guy named colin well people say he is straight but i think he is gay cuz i feel a connection with him. But anyway he is so hott. I hope he turns out to be gay.

13. SweetChaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I get crushes on straight girls. WELL! Its really hard too tell anymore >.< Mainly because girls are intimate people anyway so we flirt with each other hug occassionally kiss each others cheeks and hold hands but yet their ...straight... Its so confusing sometimes >.<

14. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it happens to the majority of us. It is one of the things that annoys me. :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hmmm, my moods tend to go from good to bad and vice versa. If the person is fine around me and so on, then i'll be happy. Anything else then i'll be in a bad mood.

Tis rather silly to let a person affect your mood so much. :astonished:

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Well, they certainly classify us, so I don't see a problem with it. They're the ones who are over-reacting.

16. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My libido has decreased, and I haven't had crushes lately. But when I did, I believe I had them all on straight people.

With the biggest crush I've ever had, I went as far as play-wrestling with him maybe six times. The close contact was... great :icon_wink . He's actually homophobic and would be repulsed if he knew he'd wrestled with a gay guy.

Initially, I lusted after but did not crush on a straight guy. Later, the lust went away, and then I came out to him. We became close friends, and I worried I would make our friendship awkward by developing a crush on him. Thankfully and strangely, the crush never came. It's as if I unconsciously demanded myself not to crush on him, so things turned out that way. But at the same time I'm puzzled if I could really control my feelings in such a way. Has anybody experienced something like this?

To get through them, I accept the situation and take things as they are. I understand I have no possibility of a relationship with straight guys, but I can still lust, and that's okay with me.

#16 Lava421, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  17. Zec24

Yeah, I always get crushes on straight girls. The worst was having a crush on my young, pretty, senior english teacher. She was 25 at the time and I was 18. I did so well in that class! lol. Anyways, I used to get so nervous around her or stare at her.

I hate straight crushes, I can't stand playing games, and with girls its always hard to tell what their orientation is. I like this girl right now that is definitely straight, but I can't help it. She caught me looking at her the other day and gave me a funny look. Unfortunately, I need to be careful how my eyes wander or else I could be in a lot of trouble with my college administration. I'd be out on my ass with 6 months til graduation. So I'm playing it safe.

Anyways, I'm always attracted to seemingly straight girls, its just the type of girl I like.

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've been there. My biggest crush of my high school years was and still is a straight guy. It's even worse when you have a crush on your teachers. The way I handle it is to just accept in my mind that I will never have the object of my affection, and my heart usually obeys and follows.

19. SweetChaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well my biggest issue is Im really attracted to the curious types. That are really innocent and its just like such a big experience for them to be with someone of there same sex. So it seems Im doomed to crush the straight ones or atleast mostly straight.

its like "Shut up man I was drunk".......ugh....

20. Jerr

Crushes on heteros are a complete waist of time yet consume a great deal of our time... sad. Oh well.

Just look at them and be like hey... They're hot and I'd so do/date/whatever with/them if they were gay. Then go on.

I do. It also gets fun looks.