1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General advice for a TG

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miss T, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Miss T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi! I'm 22 MTF and I really don't know what to say, just that I need general advice. I don't mind answering questions if that may help in anyway.

2. Olive

Well, I guess let me start by saying that I can relate. It would seem that MtF TGs are nearly the rarest on this site, right next to FtM TGs. Its nice to see another TG thread!

Anyway, what questions do you have? Are you already in transition?

3. Mogget

4. Miss T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not transitioning yet no, I'm kind of in the beginning stages you could say. My mother knows all about me, she's definitely not very supportive. Still acknowledges me using male pronouns which I can't stand lol Me and my gf have been having problems about me for awhile. She wants me to hide it from society and/or family, and I really just can't do that the rest of my life. I don't think it's right to hide who you are at all.

Liam thank you for the site, I believe I have been there before, but it's been forever ago. I'm sure they have new things added since I checked it out =) I do hope it's ok if I still post here? I really do enjoy this site and the people are really wonderful.

5. Mogget

Feel free to post here as much as you want.

6. StarofMiyu

Hey...I've been having alot of trouble with my family recently too, they just don't understand that I'm a girl and it hurts my feelings when they won't acknowledge it, I know how ridiculously hard it is. And I know how much help you need, you can talk to me any time. Trust me I'm so mad that I have to wait until I'm 18 for hormones..

7. Miss T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's definitely difficult trying to win over the approval of a parent. My mother has even stated she'll love me no matter what, I just don't believe love constitutes things like respect or acceptance. I know she's not stupid, she knows the things she's says hurts me deeply, so I guess the real question is why purposely hurt someone you say you love?

8. StarofMiyu

It's even worse that I HAVE to live with him...I freaking hate it...I don't beleive he actually cares for me because he doesn't actually try, my dad that is.

9. Miss T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh god I dread the day I come out to my dad, that's going to be hell. I hope everything is at least tolerable living with him. I couldn't live with my dad unless I was just completely and utterly forced too, then I'd just shutdown. So I must say, I'm very glad you've maintained who you are, I know it must be difficult at times. Just grasp onto the idea that you won't be there forever <3

10. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    hey my parents are completly against cisgender deviation and body modification(both of which are part of the transition process depending on how far you wish to transition) and i have already been kicked out for what will be in thier eyes lesser offenses lol so at least your mom is still willing to talk to you. Its like 98% certain i will be disowend so i wont have the problem of being repeatedly emotionally abused by my parents but at the same time they will not acknowledge my existance so your mom may come around in time just as mine might. Im sorry that your mom is doing this to you but hopefully this will let you look at the problem at a differant angle :slight_smile: i wish you lots of luck and support (*hug*)

11. arik

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yo! 'Nother transgender here from the opposite side of the spectrum. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.