1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride by Myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LostandFound, Aug 12, 2011.

1. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I've been out for a couple years now but have never managed to be in the right place for a Pride Festival. There is one coming up near where I live (but far enough that I would need to spend the night). The only thing is I don't have anyone to go with and am wondering if it is worthwhile going by myself, I'm generally not someone who likes to travel by myself. Is it an easy place to meet people (not in a sexual but a hang out way)?

2. Just Adam

I would agine it will be same as any party or festival people in their own groups but you will be able to join in.

As for staying over night that's fine. It's pride who says your going to sleep ? Parties go on all through the night.

As for going alone, have you no friends at all who would be up for it ? But if not I think it is still something you can enjoy alone as the atmosphere of pride is ... Well it's interesting lol

3. Leif

I've gone to a few by myself and I've found that yes, they are awesomely fun to go even if you go by yourself. I'd recommend checking the location out before hand online to check out everything else that's going on in the area. Most of all just remember to have fun, most people there are looking to make new friends too.

4. ezkill

I have never actually been to a pride festival myself. However I decided to reply to your post because I noticed you asked a question about the level of ease of meeting friends there.

In my experience, you meet friends the same way you would meet a potential date: you have to approach people, smile, and give off a warm and friendly vibe the best that you can.

Since you are clearly of legal drinking age, you should maybe try finding a place where gay people are going to socialize before going to the festival. For example, a gay dance/nightclub or a gay bar. Use it as a place to talk to other guys about the pride festival, and ask if they are attending. Naturally, it's a great ice breaker. You also have a good chance of finding someone there who will hang out with you at Pride.

Anyways, I hope that if you decide to go, you have a blast!