1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so effing confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by elliebear, Aug 12, 2011.

1. elliebear

I don't know what I am...

I'm not lesbian- I like guys, just the kinda older ones..wayy older..

I'm not straight- I find women extremely attractive..

I don't know the true meaning of pansexuality, is there such a thing?

I don't think I'm bisexual, because if a dog was sweet and caring and attractive- I'd be happy. okay, so maybe not THE BEST way to explain..

Help):

2. Mogget

It definitely sounds to me like you're bi- or pansexual (the distinction between the two is so fine that for all practical purposes they're synonymous). Why? Because you find men and women attractive (I'm assuming you mean sexually, if you just find one aesthetically pleasing, that's a different matter). I'm not sure what you mean about the dog, could you elaborate on that?

3. maverick

Sound panromantic to me.

4. Katelynn

Welcome to EC! It is definitely a confusing thing, but it sounds as if you may be bisexual/pansexual, although as Liam said, it's a pretty fine line between the two of them. Don't worry too much about trying to put a label on yourself right away, just focus on how you feel, that's what's important. Once you feel more comfortable with how you feel, you will have a better sense of yourself! There are a lot of really helpful & understanding people here, so don't be afraid to just talk about your feelings & hopefully that will help you! The most important thing of all is that you are you!!! And nothing is going to change the person you are! :slight_smile:

5. elliebear

I meant that I don't care about gender whatsoever...I love who Ilove for who they are, not what's in thei pants...I really have no preference...

6. Ridiculous

That's pretty much the definition of pansexuality (and panromanticism, depending on whether you want to separate them).

Bisexuality and pansexuality are mostly the same. However as I understand it, bisexuals usually put some distinction between the genders (i.e. they may like males for their masculinity and females for their femininity) whereas pansexuals don't pay any attention to these differences.

The term gender-blind is also sometimes used.