1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The straight guy friend problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedguy, Aug 12, 2011.

1. confusedguy

So I am planning on coming out to my very much straight guy friend, and I am a little concerned. I mean, he has never really mentioned anything making me think he is homophobic; however, he is very comfortable around me and I am afraid that once I come out to him, he wont act the same. I guess I am afraid of him like being afraid to be around me. Plus, he is like my exercise partner and I am afraid that he will thing I am checking him out or something. :bang: I don't know. This is my first straight guy friend I will be coming out to. In addition I consider him like one of my best friends. :help: Tips,Advice? anything and everything is appreciated. :help:

2. Mogget

Coming out to my best friend from high school was difficult for me, too. We were pretty close, and I was worried it might wreck our relationship. So when I came out to him, I made sure to tell him I wasn't attracted to him. It probably wasn't necessary to do that though. We're not as close as we used to be (he works a ton so it's hard to find time), but he's still there for me when I need him.