1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by owl, Aug 13, 2011.

1. owl

owl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone, Okay so here's my problem: I have this friend that is gay and out of the closet, And since he came out I've really admired how brave and comfortable he seems in his own skin. Anyway, One night at a party we ended kissing, this only made my feelings stronger. I don't know what I should do (I'm in the closet) should I just lay it all on the line and come out? could you guys please give me some opinions on how to handle this situation? thanks in advance for replying :icon_bigg

2. I guess I'm not understanding what the problem actually IS. Is it that you have feelings for this guy and you feel like you should come out and be with him? OR is it that you admire how brave he is and how comfortable the is with himself now that he's out and you want to be that way too?

Either way, if you're feeling the urge to come out, you can try it on someone that you're really close to and see how that goes. It's really a matter of how comfortable you feel talking about your sexual orientation at this point.

3. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well now that you've kissed he knows, whatever your coming out decision is, you can prolly talk to him about it, but also keep in mind that you might not have to come out to everyone for him to give you a shot too, some guys are more understanding than others.

4. owl

owl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    sorry I should have been more clear, I guess what I'm asking is should I come out just for this guy? I'm not sure if anything would even happen between us...I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk...I know that it really is up to me but I'd just like to see how you guys would handle this situation.

5. Cantthinkofone

well considering that he is gay himself I'd say you can be sure you won't get a negative reaction :slight_smile: plus, if you kissed it's safe to say he knows or at least has a strong suspicion you're not straight so I'd say go ahead. What have you got to lose? Maybe things work out between you two, which will be awesome, or they don't, and you have a friend who knows and supports you (unless he has an inability to keep secrets you haven't mentioned)

6. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well you have nothing to lose by coming out to the guy you were kissing,he already knows that you are not straight.It would be easy to casually say"well as you have probably guessed,i am gay/bi and i enjoyed our little kiss the other day",this will let him know that you are available and basicaly put the ball in his court.Coming out to him,as the first person you have told,he should understand that you want to be the one to tell others when you are ready.

We all have to go through telling the first person,which is not easy,but to be honest all you are doing is confirming something the guy already knows.