1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A great man, my uncle.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Leif, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Leif

My uncle just died. His name was Mike and he was one of the few people in my family that has always found a way to make me feel loved. He was well into his 50's and had very bad diabetes. He owned his own catering business. A large part of his earnings went to breast cancer awareness and a local women and children's shelter. He just finished working an event. Even though he's around food all the time he always forgot to eat.

When I'd visit him my dad and I would shake our heads at him and make him stop working for a minute and eat.

He was more then an uncle to me, he was like a second dad. He'd always tease me in a loving way and ask me what I'm reading. He knew I loved to read, he'd lend me books.

Since my grandpa wants nothing to do with our family he took place as the family patriarch. He kept us all together through all the bad. We all loved him for that even though we'd complain about it sometimes.

I don't feel sad about my uncle. Yes, I have been crying a lot. I will miss him, I love him. But he is a good man who will be remembered and loved by everyone who knew him. I worry about my family more then anything, I know everyone is going to feel lost without him for a while.

Losing a loved one is always tough, whether it be a partner or spouse, child, sibling, extended family, a close friend or anyone else. It's hard to accept that they're gone. We just have to remember that we love them and they will always be in our memories and hearts. And that is something that will never be changed

If anyone else would like to share there experiences with loss, please do. It really does help just to get what's in your head and heart out. It really did help me a lot.

2. My condolences on the loss of your uncle. Losing someone close to you is staggeringly hard, but you're right, they do live on in our hearts and our memories (*hug*)

#2 thedreamwatch, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  3. Ben

Ben

Thanks for sharing this with us, it's always good to remember those who have passed to cope with things. He sounds like a great man. :slight_smile: Sorry for your loss.

4. FruityFascism

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I knew the perfect thing to say love, but I don't.
    Huggles. <8

5. Katelynn

Oh, my deepest condolences. (*hug*) My thoughts are with you in your time of loss, Leif.