1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

job interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Nov 25, 2007.

1. katmando

Tomorrow I have a job interview doing home health care. I am excited and not really really nervous. I called my dad to tell him and he is VERY exicted for me.

I think I will get it because there is such a demand and truly not enough workers. But also because I have the right heart for that kind of job. Its been rough sitting home for the last 10 years and not doing much, and it can very lonely. I think my OCD will also settle down because doing home health care you actually go into these peoples home and become there companion. In many ways, I need a companion as much of these elderly people do. I think many of them have good mind sets, just need help with lunch, breakfast, going places, getting dressed, shaving/shower, shopping, giving medications. And maybe and just maybe. I will find a "Morrie" in all this. I always liked the book "Tuesday with Morrie"

I can tell my dad really cares. He said(clothes wise) just get whatever you need and I will will pay you back(since he is out of town)

He was starting to me a little anxious with what to say on the interview, but in truth I know what to say and my dad said it as well. He said you know all the right answers & Justin just be yourself.

This isn't something my dad said, but being myself is something that I am best at. Not everyone is good at being themseleves.

Sometimes my dad can be a little much and overbearing and I tend to rag on him for all this, but he is just trying to be just that a DAD!

Louise, you cna uncross your fingers now ;-)

#1 katmando, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. biisme

i hope ur job interview goes well!!!!!!!!!

and ur dad sounds great

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'd hire you just based on that post! You sound perfect for this job! Good luck tomorrow! One of the PFLAG dads told me awhile back that he'd much rather have his gay sons' friends taking care of him when he's old and sick than any of his straight friends. You will do great!

4. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck! :thumbsup: I don't think you'll have a problem. You seem like you'll be great at it.

5. CrimsonThunder

Good luck!

I wish I could get a damn interview. >_>

6. Kibuki kid

Good luck!! Looking at your post you have nothing to worry about, you say your really good at being yourself then you've just scored yourself a job! It great that your dad is being supportive:thumbsup: Dont stress yourself out......go to sleep!!

7. katmando

Well I am off to the interview. Hope it all goes well.

#7 katmando, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  8. katmando

Well the interview went great. I think I got it. I go back on Friday for orientation. And in the mean time I had to get a physical and a few other things they require.

I didn't think I could do it, but I did. My OCD bothered me some, but I managed. See since I have gotten back from the hospital 3+ years ago, I never worked, never thought I could. It doesn't seem all that hard and its something I think I would like doing. The last 10 years I have just been sitting. I realize I did not have to just sit.

Now we have to work on the social scene and meeting new people/friends

Justin
    (Louise, If you were not in France I would take you for dinner)

9. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations!!!(!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

10. Jim1454

Wow!!! That's amazing!!! Congratulations! I'm SOOOO happy for you Justin!