1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get Kinsey score?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PsychoticMonkey, Aug 15, 2011.

1. PsychoticMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've seen a lot of people on here saying they're a Kinsey x or a Kinsey y, just wondering if ayone has a link to an online version of the quiz that gives this number?

Apologies if the link is in a FAQ or stickied post somewhere - I had a quick look but couldnt see anything.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Kinsey rating isn't really a test that you take and it tells you your sexuality.
    It's more of a means of self-sexuality description.
    The scale goes from 0 to 6 with 0 being absolutely straight, and 6 being absolutely gay.
    The numbers in between are for varying degrees of bisexuality.

In other words, you have to decide where you, personally, fall on the scale, depending on how you feel about each gender.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Nazo got it. Though there are tests out there that claim to tell you your Kinsey number, the only reliable way to get your number is to just reflect on your past sexual attractions and figure out which number they correspond to. Zero means they were all for the opposite sex, six means they were all for the same sex, three means they were about fifty-fifty, and 1/2/4/5 represent areas between those three.

4. BasketCase

The Kinsey scale is a bit pointless in my opinion.

Its little different than describing yourself as Exclusively Gay, mostly gay, slightly more into guys than women etc.

It just uses numbers but given the importance people seem to attach to it you would think its some amazing tool of self-discovery.

5. TWestside

TWestside Guest

There is a scale i found on wikipedia, maybe this gives you some idea about it. Click here

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure many discredit the Kinsey score too...so I just wouldn't bother

7. Zontar

I think this highlights the need for a formal questionnaire that can help one gauge their score. One of these days, I should work with a psychologist and help develop one people can use.

8. Hot Pink

The Kinsey Scale is, at the very least, a good introduction for further personal questions and research. It introduces the idea that sexuality is not a binary system: gay or straight. Instead, it's a spectrum and adds validity to bisexuality--validity that bisexuals find to be scarce elsewhere.

9. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Kinsey scoring is very inconclusive. Its incredibly flawed, however, as it was mentioned, it is a great introduction. Just dont follow it to closely.

10. PsychoticMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome, thanks guys. That's clarified it for me!