1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spudd, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Spudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've been openly gay for the last two years and i'm starting to doubt my own sexuality all over again. do i come out as bisexual or do i jump ship and be straight all together....anyone got a clue?

2. Melusine

I would say play it safe 'till you're 100% sure :slight_smile:. It's normal to question, just explore yourself and make statements when and if you are ready to :slight_smile:.

3. Spudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so do i try girls for a while?

4. Lotty

Try who you feel comfortable with, I'd say. No one asks you to label yourself (okay, that's a lie, everyone wants you to), but you shouldn't label yourself if you don't know. Don't tell yourself: okay, today I want to be into girls; and force yourself to only look at girls and let the pretty boys walk by. Just look at who you want to look, go out with someone you want to go out with, regardless of gender.

If you want a label, from what I've read, you seem bisexual, sometimes more into boys, sometimes more into girls. But, like I said, don't worry too much about it. Just go with the flow and let yourself surprise you.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Sexuality is fluid. Every combining from being straight to being gay do exists (being straight but sometimes attracted to the same sex, being gay but sometimes attracted to the opposite sex, being attracted to both gender, not necessarily at the same extent...)
    I think the best thing for the time being is not to worry about labels and do what you want to do and love who you want to love. Boys ? Great. Girls ? Great too. Both ? Fantastic.
    Don't worry too much, things will sort out from themselves.

Take care, Cécile

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lotty is right.

Don't be hasty to label yourself, especially if you are not sure of yourself. Look into your soul and who you are as a person. I have a questionnaire that I usually give people that they can answer themselves. You do not need to share it, it's for you and you alone, but it generally helps to identify what your sexuality is. So here they are.

Only answer by Boy or Girl or Both
    1. Who do I see myself with?
    2. Who do I want to share my life with?
    3. Who do I want to explore the world with?
    4. Who do I want to grow old with?
    5. Who do I want to have fun with?
    6. Who do I want to go to places/functions/events with?

You can if you want think of other questions. If your answer is Boy to all of them... then your gay
    If your answer is mostly Boy then you are gay but a little unsure
    If your answer is mostly Both the your are bi
    If your answer is mostly Girl then your are straight but curious.

These questions were not done my any doctor or therapist or anything like that. I made up these answers myself at the time when I questioned my sexuality and it worked for me. It also worked for a few people I know and it might for you... or at least it will bring you closer to what you think you may be.

Good luck!!!