1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for any advice out there

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tessag12, Aug 16, 2011.

1. tessag12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I recently came out to my parents and now I am having my girlfriend come live with me. She is dropping everything including school and now that it is all sort of final I am panicking and don't know what to do. I know I love her and want her to come live out here and get away from her emotionally abusive parents, but I also want to to amend my relationships.

I just feel like I am never truly in control of anything. I really hope that this is just me being scared because it feels so selfish since she is the one that is risking everything.

Im just confused and sad, and sick of being sad. I hate that I live in a world where this all has to be so so difficult.
    Any advice is welcome and appreciated.
    Tessa.

2. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC!

It is sad that life has to be so difficult at times. Thankfully we have each other to help us through when things get rough.

Moving in together is a big commitment, and I think it's natural to get anxious about it. It will represent a big change for both you and your girlfriend, and change can be bumpy at times. What will be key is for you to keep communicating honestly with each other. If there are little things that bug you, talk about them in an open and non-judgmental way. If you dont' talk about the little things, they slowly all build up into big things that can't be resolved.

Good luck!