1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've decided.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TWestside, Aug 17, 2011.

1. TWestside

TWestside Guest

I've made up my mind and decided to come out for the first time in my life. I have a friend (girl) and we have so much fun together. I haven't told her anything before about this. She is super gay supportive. I mean she supports marriage equality and gay people's rights. She always says that i wish i had a gay friend. She is a fan of Klaine. (Kurt+Blaine from Glee) I was always afraid to tell anyone but i think she's the one who i can start with. First she'll be angry why i didn't tell her in the first place, I am sure. :icon_bigg My question is, how can actually i can say this? I mean i can't feel like i can call her and say "Hey what's up? I'm gay."
    How can i start? I am sure this had been asked for thousand times -sorry for this- but i really need some encouragement here. I am super excited for doing this for the first time.
    Okay. That's all for now. Any thoughts?

2. addie88

good for you :slight_smile: i'm sure she'll be totally supportive. i say, the next time you hang out with her, you just start with something like "hey so you're a really good friend of mine and i've been wanting to tell you something about me for a while." and then she'll be like "oh, sure, spit it out, go ahead, i'm listening, etc." and then you'll be like "meet your new gay friend." or "i'm gay." or "i don't do girls." whatever.
    so good luck and have fun with it :slight_smile:

3. ezkill

I think addie88 has some good advice. I mean, you could be extremely blatant about it, or you can even make it into a comic situation.

The important thing is that you know she will support you when you do come out to her. Your coming out experience doesn't have to be extravagant. Invite her to lunch, strike of the conversation of relationships, and maybe go from there.

You could even say "so... what would you think if I told you I am gay?"

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the advice given is quite good... I'll only add another as consideration.

When you talk to her face to face, change the subject as you would normally do and talk about gay people or even Glee.

You can then tell her that you have struggled with yourself and you have finally accepted who you are, which is being gay.

It is a very subtle approach to tell her. But then again you know her and know what ways to better tell her. You can mix or match a few of our ideas, talk to your reflection in the mirror and see what works best for you.

Hope it all goes well as I am sure it will

5. Shmoe

"Hey, I've got something to tell you. I'm gay.", That usually work fine.

6. 4alex6

well when I came out to my friends i said "so umm....would you be surprised if I told you that I am bi?" that seemed to work fine with everyone. I hope everything goes well for you! :slight_smile:

7. TWestside

TWestside Guest

Guys, thank you all for your supportive words and advices. My Friend is on vocation right now and returning on 26th. We'll meet as soon as possible when she arrives then i'll tell her. I am so ready for this! :grin:

8. TWestside

TWestside Guest

OMG i forgot to tell you guys about what happened. (i was so busy because of school and student council works etc.) I told her finally! She got mad at me because i didn't tell her in the first place. :slight_smile: Then she smiled and said that she is totally cool with this. It really felt good, now i have someone to share stuff with. I'm just- happy. I hope this will give me the strength to tell other people.

9. missyjustice

missyjustice Guest

I'm really happy for you :slight_smile:) That's awesome.

10. Noir

Good for you! That's awesome; I'm sure you'll be just fine! ^-^ :eusa_clap

11. J Snow

That's awesome. Reading your original post she seemed like someone that would be the perfect first person to tell. You're lucky to have a close supportive friend like her =)