1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the uncles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ICTOAUN, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ICTOAUN

ok. i keep wanting to tell someone in my family that im a lesbian. and for some reason, a few of my uncles come to mind. i dont want to come out to all of them. for now, i want to stick with one. maybe two. i just dont know who to pick. can u guys help me out?

uncle E- he is very accepting of gays. and sometimes i think he already knows about me. we are pretty close in a friend kind of way (hes kind of immature for his age). i dont expect him to have any good advice or anything. hes more of a jokester. but the plus to coming out to him wud b that i wud have someone in my family that knows and is accepting of me.

uncle G- this uncle is basically a father to me (mine died 3 yrs ago). we can have some very serious conversations. i look up to him a lot. im not sure about his views on homosexuals though.. hes laid back tho. and he loves me so much. we never argue (unlike uncle E, him and i hold grudges).

Uncle C- is gay. im not close to him at all. we r friendly toward one another. i just dont really know him to be honest (big family). but obviously hed to cool with it. and maybe itll bring us closer.

so how should i come out to? my accepting uncle E, my father-like uncle G, or my gay uncle C?

please help me out

2. Sadepeura

I would start with the Uncle E. You already think that he might know about you, so that should make it easier. And you can trust that he's reaction will be positive, although he might not have any good advice. I'd start with him!

And who knows, telling him might encourage you to tell Uncles G and C sooner than you planned! But I wouldn't worry about them before you've told E.

3. Foxywolf

I would also start with uncle E as long as he is the kind of person that can keep his mouth shut. Like some joksters also have big mouths and can't keep secrets. If he can't do that then I would probably start with uncle G.

4. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I agree with Sadepeura :slight_smile: I wish you lots of luck and support (*hug*)

5. Shmoe

I cast my vote for G, He'd most likely make you feel best about yourself. Find out his opinion on your gay uncle first, Just to be sure.

6. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I would go for the easiest first.

If Uncle E is the easiest and most practical for you to come out to because he is more accepting then do it! Coming out becomes much easier the more you feel accepted. So if he can support you, and give you love, then it will make things so much better when it comes to coming out to the rest of your family.