1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kiba123, Nov 26, 2007.

1. kiba123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, i am a senior in high school and gay. But my parents have dismissed that as a fluke and have forgotten about it. My mom wants me to ask a girl out to the winter formal, but i really want to take a guy. then their is the fact that if i tell them that i am gay, they will yell at me and make fun of me. I have just asked out a friend that i would love to dance with. The question is, should i still ask a guy out to the dance to?????

2. CrimsonThunder

Well you've told your parents your gay, they need to wake up to reality and realize it. Take the GUY!

3. CelebrityHead

Taking the guy would help lift your parents out of denial, I guess.
    If you think you'd be fine at the formal with a guy (not bullied, etc.) then I say go for it!

4. Sam

Sam

Go for it. your parents are in serious denial, time to give them a wake-up call!

ding ding ding GUESS WHAT I'M GAY!!!!!

5. Jim1454

Well - I'm not sure you should intentionally make your life miserable for the sake of one evening out. If you're going to get a lot of grief at home, then just go alone. Or go together, but don't make a big deal of it at home.

I have to give you a lot of credit for considering going with another guy. I'm not ready to go to a public function with another guy...

6. justjoshoh

Wait a minute. Parents take care of their children all of those formative years because they are adults and can face stressing situations. If kiba123 has already told his parents that he is gay, as implied in the original post, kiba123 should go with whomever he wishes. Kiba's parents can face the fact that he is gay, that it is just a "fluke" or "phase". If they start to make fun of the fact, Kiba stand up needs to stand up, acknowledge it, and point out that they are wrong to be doing so. Now is not the time to back down, this reassurance is just what they need.

7. SweetChaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps you should go with your friend and meet your guy there. That way you dont rock the boat with your parents and you can have your nice night. Thats what I did for my senior prom.

8. Louise

Depends on how much grief your parents will give you but if you think it is worth it go with the guy.

You need to do something to shake your parents up a bit and get them out of denial. Have you thought of getting them some books to read about homosexuality. Sorry if this is harsh but you dad needs to grow up a bit if he is teasing you about your sexuality... what is he 5!

Oh that's mean I know and no-one should critisize other people especially when they don't know them:eusa_naug :eusa_naug :eusa_naug but honestly you might need to have a mature talk to your parents about yourself, your life and your sexuality. Sooner or later they are going to have to accept it.

9. Zak

Zak

Take out that lucky guy, just b/c u parents ur r in denial doesn't mean you have to be.

Of course, I havent told anyone Im gay yet soo, i dont have much experience, but you can still ask him.

10. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

All the girls I've taken to dances, who by the way all knew that I'm gay, would be devistated if I asked them to go with me and then took a guy. Just saying, take that girl to this dance and then the next one take a guy.

11. SpikySpice

For your dance, you can meet him at the place without letting your parents know, and that's fine as liong as you are being brave enough, which is good, then go home withouht mentionign bout him, when your parents ask bout your night, just answer their questions

Take a gut and coem out to them when you are ready, give them time to recover themselves, it's gonna be hard, but not as hard as you think