1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to do it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MyDecember, Aug 20, 2011.

1. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a wedding coming up. I am a grooms man. I am long time friends with the Bride and the now "ex-bride's maid." This story take place over the past year.

I was sitting down with the bride because I was taking her out for lunch. We were catching up on the times and I asked her a very daunting question. Why is it that after (lets call her) Wendy gave up her position as bride's maid she completely stopped talking to her.

This is the story that made me decide to end my friendship with Wendy:

About a year ago Wendy was asked to take care of the soon to be married couple's dogs. She asked me for help and I agreed. We both had a copy of the key. After they came back I returned my key. Wendy held on to her's.

I don't know the time span but from the time they came back from their trip to April is when all of this happened.

Apparently the bride was told by a next door neighbor "when did you guys get a new roommate?" She was shocked because they had no roommates. They've had roommates before but none of them have been girls like the one their neighbor was describing.

Later on they discovered that there was money missing.

On a trip the bride took with Wendy to the mall she discovered that Wendy had a copy to their apartment key when the bride couldn't find her key and Wendy surprisingly opened the opened the door for her. She asked for the key back and Wendy did give her the key.

Now time passed and during that time, out of spite for the bride, Wendy revealed the wedding dress to the groom through a text message.

The next event happened when Wendy wanted to see the bride. She does as she does, calls calls calls and tries to convince the bride to go out. The bride had come home from a full time job and told her that she was out with her father shopping. In reality she gave a white lie so she could get some shut eye. While she was trying to sleep she hears someone trying to open the door. She runs to the door and looks through the peep hole to find Wendy trying to open the lock with a key. This is how they found out that she had made a copy to the apartment key. She told the groom and they changed the locks.

They put 2 and 2 together. Decided that they should put her through a test. They set up a dinner for her. Put $20 in a money jar to see what happens. So while cooking the bride pays no attention at looking at Wendy. The groom puts what seems like all his attention into playing video games. The bride turns around and turns back to see the $20 bill is missing. Wendy had no idea that that was a trap made just for her. So they went on to eat dinner. After they confronted her about the money. She said she was just kidding and returned the money.

The bride asked for her dress back. And that was that.

I confronted Wendy today. It wasn't pretty. My mind was already made up. I knew she had changed since the beginning of the year, treating me like crap but I never expected this out of her. It just sucks. I never had to end a friendship so bluntly. I hope I never have to do it again.

2. heartless

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    wow that would be creepy

3. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    Im sorry that that happened:frowning2: but at least from the sounds of it it was settled :grin: I have had a few friends like that but they kept saying it was not them until I presented them with evidance, then acted all outraged that I was ending the friendship. so i know a little about how that feels. with any luck you guys can put this unpleasantness behind you (*hug*)

4. mischa91

Wow, sorry you and your friends had to go through that. It's very unpleasant. I was in a similar situation a few years back. I lived where i worked and i started to notice money and other things going missing and things being moved. I have 2 cats who were kittens at the time so i blamed them for the moved items I turns out it was another employee who was breaking into my apartment while i was at my daytime job. It's awful when it happens and i'm not at all surprised that the bride ended the friendship or that you did the same.

5. Vivien

Vivien Guest

b---- needs to be put in place that's not ok to abuse trust and friendships like. Me and my girl had a friend over, and over the course of a month he stole 300 or something bucks from us and another 100 from our room mate. I suspect him of stealing my bike.. ironically I think, he happened to have most of his things at our house since his mom kicked him out so i got a really nice expensive stereo system out of the whole thing, not equivalent exchange but still. I hope the wedding is absolutely beautiful.. I always cry at weddings (well the good ones :])

6. maverick

Had a friend like this who got addicted to pain pills (unbeknowst to any of his roommates) and eventually started stealing from everyone in the house in order to pay for his habit. It was crazy. He turned from being a funny and rational (if high-strung) guy to a guy who was suicidal, paranoid, angry all the time, and extremely violent. He also lost his job and dropped out of college. All of his friends cut contact with him.

We (his friends) had to cut him off the same way - not to mention kick him out of the house because he wasn't paying to live there and nobody could leave money around anymore. So I feel you in the awkwardness.

Maybe someone should ask her if she has a drug problem.

7. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    She kept telling me why I would believe such a thing and honestly we didn't have time and I wasn't in the mood to explain other than the details were too descriptive to make such a story up just to "break us apart." I feel bad because she does not have the nicest of family and I was her only outlet but It's always about her and it feels nice doing something for me for once. I don't want to surround myself or associate with people like her even though she didn't directly do this to me. After my car was broken into 2 years ago it took me 3 months to realize that they had stolen my camera so who knows what she's taken when I wasn't looking.

on a different note...is this what breaking up with someone feels like lol