1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How could they know I am gay...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KatKut, Aug 20, 2011.

1. KatKut

How could some strangers know I'm gay if I am not even a "queen"?
    this night a group of teenagers when i was walking were laughing at me and were saying "there's the "gay dog" " and those people didn't even know me and I'm not even effeminate and I'm becoming a bit paranoid tonight,i felt really bad and i even cried :frowning2: I am not a sissy and I never experienced homophobic remarks they really hurt,they hurt alot and i know they're just strangers but I felt like I was not normal and my self-steem just droped tonight

#1 KatKut, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. trannydude

some peole have honest to goodness gaydar. but some times stereotypical people just think they do. cant tell you how many people have asked me if im a lesbian.

3. KatKut

I can't sleep tonight I feel really bad and I know I shouldn't because being gay isn't something bad or something one should feel ashamed of but I just can't help it :frowning2:

4. Vivien

Vivien Guest

They are just random people who just so happen to be not very smart. My little sister is derogatory towards me shes always you know flats are for girls or why are you wearing make-up its weird, and I know shes just a little kid and doesn't know any better and was raised on society's rules. I'm sure people like that just need to grow up, just like my little sister.

5. Uniboth

My bud's not effeminate or girly. He can be sensitive sometime, but definitely not gay. People still says he gay sometime.

What I'm saying is, those kids might've called you gay just because it's the new cool way to call names. Don't over think it...

6. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This.

7. maverick

I'm sorry that happened to you. People on the street with gaydar ping me all the time too.

We love you buddy. Just remember that these people have no power over you that you don't hand over yourself.

#7 maverick, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  8. Mad Man L

Thirded.

Gay these days is also a generic insult, not just a term to describe homosexual males and happy people. Remember, if they were bogans, take comfort in the fact they probably live off welfare and will never be successful. Ever. That's probably me being narcissistic/elitist, but anyway. :lol:

9. Leif

Some people are just jerks and talk because they have a mouth. (something my grandma used to say... except in Spanish so it sounds a lot better that way). The thing is to not let them get you down. Makes me think of a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt that always helps me in situations like that, "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."

10. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People are mean, without them knowing it themselves. These days most guys will point at anyone that is even slightly "different" from them. It may not necessarily be gayish, just different, like even a different cultures. Most people will assume this difference is related to being gay, or has no other name to call it accept to what they know and or despise.

All through your life people will point and stare and call names, it may not be gay related but it will happen. All what you can do is either retaliate or ignore it.

As for me I ignore it, yes sometimes it gets to me, but overall i just ignore it. Sometimes I retaliate. When I am with hubby in the town and we get a situation like that, we start kissing or ask the person "Are you jealous?" Sometimes (hubby being a typical LEO with all claws and roar) go on worse levels or retaliate.

11. Dalmatian

You shouldn't be looking too much into it, that's true. Don't try to look not-gay, there are many straight people out there covering a couple of stereotypically gay points. Today, I walked across my neighborhood with a very pink flowery paper bag (going to a friend's baby daughter's birthday party later) and I noticed a couple of pretty wondering looks :slight_smile: So, ok, maybe it's weird for me to be carrying it so, but that tells them nothing about me. Their prejudices aside, the pink bag doesn't make me gay any more than being 2m+ 130kg huge tower of a man makes me straight :wink:

What I am saying is.. if someone shouted "gay" after me, I wouldn't worry about it.