1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting another Gay Guy? COuld use some help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bryan176, Aug 21, 2011.

1. bryan176

Ok guys,
    I went to this party where I knew practically no one 2-3 people I made some new friends and of course I was hanging out with the girls there. Talking to one of the I told her I was gay had no problem with it and was talking with her and mentioned I was looking for a relationship and told me she could hook me up with this guy she knew was gay. I said I was all set but the more and more I think about it the more and more I think I should go and meet this guy.

Let me first start by saying I do Not know any gay guys SO you think I should go and try and meet him?

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

hrmmm Well I hope she not setting you up for a random blind date :s because that would probably make things awkward between you and the other guy. Instead of asking her to hook you up, ask her to introduce you to him so that the two of you could get to know each other (By the way I have no knowledge in dating but maybe that might work)

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ Agreed.

While it can be tempting, blind dates are one of the most terrifying things ever unless the person who is setting you up knows both people really well. If not, then you guys are probably getting set up only and only because you are both gay, which can lead to some terribly awkward moments. That being said, I'm a firm believer of giving different experiences a chance, so if you want you should do it, but also know what you are getting yourself into.

The other option is for you three to hang out and see if you guys click as friends, and then take it wherever ever you want.

Whatever you decide, have fun! Don't make it stressful and try to learn from each experience :slight_smile:

4. beetotherye

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You should just meet him to see if you like him first. Straight friends tend to hook us up based on the sole fact that we are gay. My friend tried hooking me up with some guy that was just no where near the kind of person I want to be with, just because he and I are both gay. Sample the product before you buy it lol