1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused69, Apr 28, 2006.

1. confused69

ok well, iam 15 and in grade 10 i have this friend who i have known for 3 years and have fallen madly in love with for 2, no one other than myself knows iam gay because around where i live its like a crime or something, anyways he is the hottst guy i've ever seen and i think he likes me , i mean he treats me diffrent than everyone else he'll slap my ass in public or he'll call me babe or when iam upset sometimes he'll keep on asking me whats wrong till i tell him, these days though its just that i have been wanting to tell him so bad that i love him but i am so scared that he'll reject me and btw hes one of my really good friends

PLEASE HELP ME CUZ I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :cry:

2. nisomer

Seems like you guys are really close buddies...but that just might be all that you are. I wouldn't think too much into him liking you other than as best friends. As for you coming out to him, think first about how he would react to something like this. Is he a more open type of guy? Or is he usually more conservative about things? What is he like usually like with gays in general? If you think he would be an accepting person, than I say go for it. But in the end it is still your call.

oh and welcome to the boards :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

3. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome - I'm 15 too in the UK.

I agree with nk1114 about trying to guage his reaction - try bringing it subtly into a conversation and see what happens.
    If you do tell him, it would be wise not to tell him of your love for him at the same time or too soon - it may be too much for him to take in. On the other hand, you may be pleasantly surprised by his reaction. If he values your friendship, which he certainly seems to, he shouldn't have any problems with it - you are still the same person.

Good Luck, and I hope things work out for you,

Will

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Will too. Coming out to him and telling him you fancy him should be done separately. When you come out to him you will probably be better able to judge how he feels about the whole situation, and decide whether or not to tell him how you feel about him.

Sometimes trying to move a good friendship onto a relationship can ruin everything. You need to consider this carefully before telling him what you feel for him.

Firstly though you need to get through the coming out to him, see how he reacts then give it some time to see how (if at all) it affects things between you.

You may get a better idea of whether he is straight or gay after that, which may help you decide whether or not to tell him the rest. If he is straight, telling him that you are in love with him will probably send him running.

Good luck - and keep us posted! :slight_smile:

5. TigerBoy

My advice is, whatever you do, take it slow. Don't just tell him you love him suddenly. Its better to have him as a good friend than out of your life completely.

From what you said, it sounds like he does care about you though, but if it were me, I would assume he wanted friendship.