1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This May Sound Like a Silly Problem But...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MunsterMash, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MunsterMash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, as the title states, this may sound like a silly problem compared to others on this wonderful site, but nonetheless it has me feeling apprehensive. In my Spanish class tonight my professor assigned some homework which is to list 10 qualities you would like in an ideal partner. The problem is, while I am out to two friends, I am not ready to come out to everyone, yet the last thing I want to do is lie. I wouldn't even know what to write if I acted like I was straight ("big boobs?" :lol:slight_smile:. If it was just a class full of random people I would feel more comfortable telling the truth, but one of my close friends is in there with me (and I'm not ready for him to know). Yeah, now that I've typed this out, I realize this is most definitely a silly question. It's just that every time I lie about being straight (which I've had to do only a few times, surprisingly) it makes me feel sick to my stomach. If anyone feels like advising me on this (comparatively) insignificant little quandary, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

2. addie88

1) someone who respects you
    2) somebody loyal
    3) somebody good-looking
    4) somebody healthy
    5) someone who's great with kids
    6) someone who loves you and your family
    7) someone self-confident
    8) someone intelligent
    9) somebody who likes the color blue
    10) someone who loves sushi---

you get the idea. :slight_smile:

3. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Addie's list is good and non-gender specific. If you don't want to lie but also don't want to tell everyone yet that might be the best way to go about the list. You could just be like "a kind personality, a good sense of humor, a great smile, intelligence..." etc. I've had the same problem at times but instead of naming off physical qualities you could just name off personality traits because those are really universal to both genders.

4. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I agree make you homework non-gendeder-specific

Mine would be

-Someone tall
    -Good looking
    -Charming
    -Respectful
    -Loyal
    -A hopeless romantic
    -A good kisser
    -Passionate lover
    -Kind individual
    -Spiritual

Good luck,
    DO YOU HOMEWORK! :grin:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You've probably done the homework by now, but I agree with the non gender specific approach. In fact it encourages you to concentrate more on the personality and less on looks, which is what relationships are really built on.

6. MunsterMash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks to all for the suggestions! I went with the gender-less approach and it went along just fine. I'm such a worrier! In hindsight this "problem" was really silly! Anyways, thanks again to you great people!