1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking about ex-crush with BFF

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Aug 24, 2011.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So, I posted in June about how I had a crush/friendship end incredibly badly, and how even though I was really upset at first, eventually I realized I was better off for it having ended. Anyway, one of my friends, who really is my BFF (*hug*) ('best friend forever' for those who are unfamiliar) helped me get through it by helping me realize the ex-friend wasn't really ever a friend, considering the way he treated me. I never told my BFF the entire story, but we're likely gonna hang out this Saturday night, and I want to tell him, just because I feel it will finally give me that last ounce of closure. Now, should I tell him the whole story, or should I condense it? The reason I'm asking is because the gay guy I was in June is not the gay guy I am now, and I'm really a better person in nearly every conceivable way -once again, directly due, in part, to the BFF - and I want to emphasize how my BFF's actions led to it. I know this is confusing (I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking advice on either) but this really is the clearest I can say it.

Thanks!

Twisty
    P.S: My BFF also partly inspired me (he doesn't know but I'm telling him on Sat.) to write the thread "My Advice About Being LGBT and Christian" that is currently in the S&A Resources sticky, so if that thread has helped anyone, thank the BFF for it (I'll accept any gifts of candy or money in his name :grin:).

2. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Figured out what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna condense it and only give more detail if he asks.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's probably the smart thing. Just saying something like "Thanks for helping me see what kind of person Frank really was. I was kind of besotten with him for a bit, but I'm glad to be beyond that now."

Lex