1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Freshie needs some High School help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So in 8th grade I started coming out as bi to a group of close friends...and one person who hates me (outed by a friend). And really I haven't had any problems. Well today I started High School, I personally don't wanna come out much more yet so I won't. My main problem is the person who hates me is the guy I'm crushing on. He's sooooo cute, and I apparentky have 3 classes with him all year. He won't talk to me at all, sooo please help, how could I get him to like me?
    Like as a friend (we used to be), he's straight.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My honest advice? Don't.

For one thing, since you're crushing on him, you'll be more likely to put up with any abuse he decides to dish out. And I've seen too many dysfunctional relationships of (verbally-)abusive-straight-guy-meets-besotten-gay-guy to recommend going that route. Secondly, skim through these advice sections, and see how many people end up with big crushes on their straight friends...and how happy they are in that position. (Hint: very very few. :slight_smile: ) If you keep him at a distance, you won't have to go through with that.

Better bet: use him as fantasy fuel. Create a guy in your head who looks like him, but actually DOES like you (like that). And crush on him instead. :slight_smile:

Best bet: find an actual 'nother human being to crush on. And see how much better it is when that crush is returned. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    if he hates you, as unfortunate as that is, i doubt you could get him to like you; especially to date you. and trying to could make him a lot meaner depending on what the situation is. i say let him be and crush and or pursue another. however you could just be making him self concicious about his own sexuallity, although that usually only happens in fiction.

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

No. Don’t. Look at it like this; he’s cute. THAT’S IT! Big fucking deal he’s good-looking, but say you had a relationship with this guy- what does he have going for him other than his face is symmetrical? NOTHING! Why would you want to be with a guy that is not as beautiful INSIDE as he is OUTSIDE!? You’re young! This is not going to be a worthwhile relationship/friendship/whatevership in your lifecourse. This will be a blip on its radar. At the end of your life it will flash before your eyes and you will be like, “Why did I crush on HIM?”. Any guy that will hate you or out you is NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR FRIENDSHIP! Work on doing well in school, being with the friends you have, make new TRUE friends, and enjoy high school. I would never go out of my way to get anybody to like me. You know you are amazing and if he is blind enough not to notice let him be blind. Spend your friendship on those who have earned it, thus far.

If someone is dumb enough to walk out of your life be smart enough to let them leave...