1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

such a waste

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by txnathrt, Aug 24, 2011.

1. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been living in this part of Oklahoma for approximately two months.I am very private, but anytime someone discovers my sexual identity, they always say the same thing
    ' It's such a waste of a nice chest " . This really upsets me. WTH is that supposed to mean anyways?

2. Katelynn

What the hell!?! Who says things like that? I mean, I'd expect ignorant & homophobic, but that is just downright disrespectful, deconstructing someone down to their base anatomy. I hope you slap people who tell you this, God knows I would if I were in your shoes...

I think it means someone is either trying to be funny or (& this would be my pick) they're an absolute, ignorant prick...

3. SaphireMoon

about 2-3 hours north of the twin cities in MN
    I would happen to agree with kiersten, and im sorry that people even think that let alone say it (*hug*)

4. ihkcs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i'm sure you could find an amazing girl who would not let your chest go to "waste"

5. Hazel

The only waste of your chest would be letting them have a look, yikes.

6. TraceElement

They probably didn't think before they said it. You could always say something like "oh, it's such a waste of a skull to hold your brain." when they make comments like that.

7. Eleanor Rigby

That is an awfully rude comment to make ! I am sorry that some people are so ignorant and uneducated that they can say such an horrible thing. I understand that it's making you upset and angry, I'm really sorry (*hug*).
    I think that those stupid comments are so vile that they don't need to be answered. But if you're not scared to be upfront and a bit provocative about it, you can also say something among the line : "My girlfriend doesn't think so." (No matter if you're having a girlfriend or not by the way.

Take care, Cécile

8. feelindown

feelindown Guest

that means that you got a nice rack and the dudes that are saying it know they are going to get a chance to touch em. so take it as a compliment and just brush off the losers.

9. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks : ) I find it rather surprising, while having faced a lot of hatred in the past, I've never had to deal with it alone and never at this level

10. Zontar

That doesn't even make sense.

By their logic, it'd only be a "waste" if you were asexual, not if you were gay. =p

Ignore 'em and move on with your life.

11. maverick

I have gotten this exact comment too, especially in response to me mentioning that I sometimes want my breasts reduced to the smallest size possible (I'd have them taken completely off, but I don't want to deal with the SRS tape).

Um, excuse me, maybe YOU like to stare at my Ds, but YOU don't have to carry them around and have your male brain catch glimpses of them throughout the day and go, Wha?

This is an awesome answer. :thumbsup:

12. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I will try saying something along the line of ' my girlfriend doesn't think so ' even though I don't have have one. I wear two or three bras at a time to try and avoid the attention but it doesn't really help.

13. feelindown

feelindown Guest

i guess you could also say: "yea such a waste for you to have a nice face and such a little (fill in the blank). hopefully for your girlfriend you have a long tongue."

on second thought that may insight a riot or worse. dont say these things. usually people are being ignorant and looking to get a rise out of you so they can do worse. just ignore the dummies.

14. Noir

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! That's just rude and insulting!!! Why can't people think before they speak??