1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy interested in me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beatitudo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Beatitudo

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was the AI for one of the university classes this past year. I'm wondering what your thoughts are about a situation that happened over the course of the semester.

There was this guy that seemed to send signals that he was interested in me (I'm a guy myself, btw). As the AI, I would hold review sessions for the quizzes and exams, plus be in the professor's lecture hall during the class itself. So here are all the reasons that I feel he's trying to tell me something (some are minor, some not):

--Eye contact. When reviews were wrapping up, he might ask a question, then just stare for 4 or 5 seconds after. He would often get that "bedroom eyes" look, where his eyes would get shiny and relaxed. Whenever one of us would finish saying something, there is often lots of very long eye contact afterwards, then eventually one of us would look to the side.

--After reviews, he would usually stay and talk (the only one), sometimes for literally 2 or 3 hours. And not usually too much about school or the class.

--He just changed his major to what I'm doing (chemical physics) from something way easier. I've mentioned other classes that I might take in future semesters for the major, and he's said, "yeah, we should do that."

--I have a very distinct handwriting, and I noticed that when I was handing back quizzes and homeworks, he has started writing like me (as close as you can copy someone's handwriting, you know?) But an obvious difference from his previous writing. I was amazed.

--I met one of his friends who didn't know me, who said that he's heard alot about me.

--I've noticed that he's started to wear cologne when we'd be around each other. He never wore it at the start of the class.

--Whenever we go out to eat, he always orders the same thing as I do.

--I've noticed that he's started dressing a LITTLE bit more preppy. More my style... different that the start of the semester.

--A mutual female friend was working with him one day on homework, and I asked what they talked about. She told me that they talked about me, and at the end of the conversation said "I think we both love you." (She was interested in me, but I said no).

--We went to Universal Islands of Adventure with one other friend, and on any ride that sat only two across, he always had the other friend ride alone and we rode together.

--He brought up to me having met another guy in class for the first time, who happens to be quite attractive himself. Just how he mentioned it seemed strange: it would sort of be like if a really attractive female that everyone notices introduced herself to a guy, he would tell his friends abt it.

--We were talking abt medical specialties, and when gynecologist was brought up, he said that he wouldn't want to look at vaginas all day. Obviously doctors aren't thinking sexually around their patients, but it was still an interesting comment to me.

--When the class was ending, a group was going out after the finals, and someone asked if I would come, too. But as the AI, no one really had my number, of course. So before leaving that day, he was like, "so how would I get a hold of you to tell you we're done and going to the restaurant?" I said that you could txt me, and it ended up being a little awkward convo that ended in me giving him my number to txt.

--We were out one time after having some beer, and he was winking at me, then called me by name and said, "I'm winking at you."

BUT:

--He's mentioned a past girlfriend to me. And he occasionally mentions other girls that he txts or talks to.

--He's also pointed out a girl here or there that he thought was hot, but that's usually when we're with a certain female friend that wanted to date him. He told me he wants to make sure she knows he's not into her.

So how should I interpret all of this?

2. olides84

So, are you gay/bi? Are you out? Do you want to be out? Do you want to date? Do you want to date him if he was interested in you? I always feel bad when people write so much about someone else (although it is fun to read), but all I ask is stuff about the writer, you. Only then can you get to a point where you can decide what to do about your friend.

3. Beatitudo

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not out, no. But if I thought he was interested in me, I would be able to know how to move forward with this.

I just don't want to say something based on the above, and him respond "What the hell, dude" you know?

4. ezkill

Studies show that individuals, whether they are attracted to you sexually, romantically, or in a friendly matter, will tend to emulate your behavior a bit if they are comfortable and like you. I forgot the name of the documentary I watched, but I am absolutely sure it is available on Netflix.

It could be he just wants to be your friend. I have a straight friend who gave me signals much like the one's you are receiving from him, but the difference is I dismissed the thoughts quite early on.

In fact, he is my best friend now... He was the one that asked for my number after we walked home from math class one day. We just started doing math homework together, and then things went from there.

Anyways, I hope you resolve this issue. I would take a little more time to observe the dynamics, and I think you should at least start being friends first before you try to find out.

5. Gay Boi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds he likes you from what you say but just give it time and see how it goes. Good luck and keep us updated :slight_smile: