1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm actually excited to be doing this!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Aug 27, 2011.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I posted before how I had a gay friendship end really badly over the summer, and for that reason I had decided not to involve myself with the LGBTQI group at my school. Well, I just realized something. First off, chances are this guy's matured more, to the point where if we run into each other we can be civil. Second of all, why should I let one bad experience spoil the entire thing for me? I mean, I went to a Christian social event last night, something I would never have seen myself at when I came out! So when I got Facebook invited to their dinner and a movie that they have at the start of the year, I jumped on it. I hope things go well!

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's the attitude. How did it go? :slight_smile:

3. SecretColor

It's actually tomorrow night. I'm really really super excited about it!

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Oh, then good luck! Don't let an asshole stop you from enjoying yourself and if they act up then ignore them :slight_smile:

5. SecretColor

I just got back about a hour or so ago. I had a blast! We watched D.E.B.S (an absolutely hilarious movie btw). I met a few really cool people, and we went out to Pinkberry (frozen yogurt for the non-cognoscenti) afterward, then back to their dorm/apartment to hang out for about an hour. (!) Meeting people I was able to get along with so well, and who share my views re:LGBT and many other things really, I guess, removed the rose-colored glasses I was wearing with respect to the ex-friend I've spoken of before.

Ok, so number of things I realized about the ex-friend:
    1) He's a douche (believe me, this is me being nice about it :icon_bigg)
    2) He's not representative of the LGBT community at all
    3) He's the ideal member of the gay frat here (which he actually was a founding member of) because they have a reputation for being shallow/exclusive, and he told me one time "there are people who think we're too exclusive, but that's just because they couldn't get in."
    4) His head's so far up his ass that, well, I have a very dirty/nasty joke that goes along with that but I'd rather not tell it where anyone can read it.

Needless to say, I am completely and finally done with him, just done.

Anyway, just wanted to report back that I enjoyed myself, and made it back alive.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

:eusa_clap

Sounds like one heck of a night :grin: Frozen yogurt <3