1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my parents just got into a huge fight

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StarofMiyu, Aug 29, 2011.

1. StarofMiyu

Because my dad is an overbearing control freak. It ended with my mom choking him and telling him to get the fuck out. I'm with my mom 100% of the way here because even though she called him out on all his shit he doesn't think what he does is an issue. We all clean everything before he gets home to prevent him from getting all pissy but he usually blows up over some random shit nobody gives a fuck about. I don't know what the fuck I'm meant to do for this.

2. jddvtm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what are his issues?

3. StarofMiyu

He tends to get pissy because there might be a cup or something left on my computer desk, also anywhere you go there has to be parents there or adults. Also he for some reason thinks that I don't have to do as many things in the bathroom as I have to so he tends to barge in while I'm half naked still. He bitches about which gas station you buy gas at and he bitches about what you buy. He thinks that as long as you live in his house you have to do his every commandment. Even my mom thinks it's bullshit.

4. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he sounds a bit nuts, just try to keep sane until you move out

5. StarofMiyu

We're going through family mediation right now, but apparently that's not doing anything.

6. Zeketra

Zeketra Guest

I think your dad needs help, what he does dosnt seem normal... x.x

7. J Snow

Hey Star, first of all I want to say that your posts in my thread about getting into crossdressing and such made me smile, and as such I'm really sorry to be seeing you go through this.

I felt very much (and really still do) about my father. He's a neat freak and quite honestly the rest of my family is very laid back about how the house looks. When he went through his cleaning rampages when I was a kid I would often rather be anywhere then in my own house as it would just be a whole day of getting yelled at for not cleaning something well enough, or having an "attitude" while I felt like I was being unfairly harassed.

My mom always just told me to humor him and wait it out though, and violence never took place aside from me getting upset and throwing stuff around in frustration.

That being said, your situation seems a more extreme and should be taken in a different light. I'm truly sorry this happened to you, and while I don't have any practical advice, just know another person out there cares about your plight.

I hope things work out =)