1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Liam A, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Liam A

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    * Apologies for the amount of threads I have made, I'm new to this website, and it's a great source of acceptance :dry:

This is a weird question, actually I don't even know if I'm looking for an answer.

So, there is only one type of men I like, chubby guys with a cute/handsome face. That's it. Any other guy does nothing to me. When it comes to women, most can turn me on (with effort), but obviously not as much as a man.

In essence, Chubby guys > Most women > Other men. When its not a chubby guy then I don't feel any sexual attraction to another man, it's like I'm not gay.

I'm sure this sounds weird to most people! So I guess my question is, why am I like this, is it even normal?

Thanks for reading this!

2. feelindown

feelindown Guest

not sure why you are like that but you like what you like. we all have our "types" so there's nothing wrong with the fact you like a little more meat on the bone than most. there truly is someone for everyone but i can also look internally at myself and i too have a "type" and outside of that "type" i'm really not all that interested. so i had to ask myself what is it about the "type" that i like so much and when i did, i realized they had something that i felt that i lacked, and by having someone from that "type" category be attracted to me, it made me feel better about myself. this in and of itself is faulty because one's self esteem should not be based on something external. at any rate, i challenge you to ask yourself "why am i ONLY attracted to this type", what makes me attracted to them, what does that do for me inside when i am with someoen from this type. when did i notice i started to be attracted to this type and why.... answering and exploring these questions will help you start to uncover why you like that particular type. you may find out that is is rooted in something unhealthy or you may find out that it is rooted in something very positive. whatever the reason, explore it. it doesn't mean that you still can't like that "type" whenever you find out what the origin of your attraction is.

3. Danny19

its an attraction. i dont think anyone can stop being attracted to someone else. its just a force of nature i guess. its like being attracted to men. why am i attracted to men? who knows, all i know is i dig boys..lol. and yea its definitely normal to be like that. shit i wish some of the guys i have met were attracted to chubby dudes cuz im chubby and i want a bf..lol. anyways, just stop thinking about it and embrace it. its normal and you cant change it. might as well enjoy it :slight_smile:

4. Raeil

To echo feelindown and Danny, don't worry too much about it as being abnormal. Attraction is attraction, and to wonder "Hmm, is my particular order of attraction outside of the gay culture norms" won't change the fact that you are attracted to who/what you are attracted to. Love who you want to and don't be surprised if someday you find that certain women get to you more than chubby guys, or that a different body type of guys gets to you more. You may stay with this attraction for most of your life, but perhaps not, that's why we have the awesome Kinsey scale and it's idea of the fluid sexuality!

5. Liam A

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the reassurance guys! I guess it is just attraction!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll just toss this out here, because it's kind of related. If you talk to some older couples, you'll run into a lot who ended up coupled with somebody who wasn't "their type". People who had eyes for nothing but jocks end up partnered with larger people, and people who demanded physical perfection end up married to non-lookers. Why? Chemistry. Sometimes, something just clicks with somebody who isn't our "type".

There's certainly nothing wrong with having a "type". But in many ways, it's like choosing a cereal by the box it comes in. You might only have eyes for the neon-colored, cartoon-festooned boxes...and then find out you're quite a fan of GrapeNuts after all. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Lex. Don't discount anyone, chat to people of all shapes and sizes when you go out, and get yourself a social life. You may find someone who is just your type physically, or you may meet someone who isn't but that everything just feels right with. Enjoy looking at the guys who turn you on but keep an open mind.