1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep, he's straight!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Aug 30, 2011.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So I posted on here about a friend of mine that I thought was in the closet. In perhaps the boldest move I've ever made, I asked him directly if he was gay; he's not. Turns out that this kind of thing has happened to him before, so he wasn't mad at me or anything like that . We're still "close friends forever," which is all I could ask for anyway. And I'm not sad at all about this, nor do I feel any attraction for him now. I dunno if it's a psychological quirk, but when I find out a guy is straight, any attraction I have for them just...dies, I guess.

So I guess the piece of advice I have is this: don't regret your straight crush! I don't. Turns out one of his friends is going through a gender identity crisis, so I told my friend to give him my email/number and refer him to EC so he would have people to talk to.

2. ezkill

It's not a psychological quirk, it's a blessing. A lot of people on EC have posted about straight crushes and the devastating emotional aftermath. I don't fall for my straight friends either, anymore, thankfully!

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, maybe not the result you expected, but it doesn't seem to be like a bad result in the end.

While it's nto something I would ever do personally, I do feel like congratulations are in order for just boldly asking and cutting through the confusion that way.

And the not crushing on straight people is definitely a good trait!

4. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I felt really awkward asking him, but apparently this kind of thing has happened to him before, so it was much much less awkward than it could have been. I'm definitely glad I asked sooner rather than later; I got invited to a movie night held by the LGBTQI group at my school, and I'm super excited about that for multiple reasons!

The fact that I'm not upset at all about him telling me he's straight definitely shows that I've matured by leaps and bounds since coming out a mere 5 months ago.

5. Danny19

omg im kinda the same. when i like a guy im like omg and i get butterflies when i see them. but when i find out he is straight i get a little bummed but i get over it really fast like day to nigh.lol. thank god i wouldnt want to be upset for a guy