1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've failed at life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miaplacidus, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, yes, I have failed at life.

I'm bad and I am disgusted by myself. My friends are leaving. My family doesn't accept me. I am lonely. I don't feel loved. Others are loved but I am not. I have never been loved. Guys used me, and they used me because there was no one else. I am so ugly that I can't look at myself. I am going crazy. Like seriously... I am beginning to show some obsessive behavior. I am full of anger, hate and frustration, and little more. I am a whiner, even my mother says so. I'm difficult, I can't stand to be touched. I react badly to most stimuli. I am not as smart as I used to be, my marks are mediocre now except for those in chemistry and English. I am not a good son, nor a good grandson, nor anything. People have told me that I deserve what I get because I'm so bad.

They are right. I am a loser - have always been. I just don't want to live anymore and I'm such a coward that I can't even try to kill myself. And as you can probably tell, I'm the worst whiner EC has ever had the disgrace of having as a member. Several times I've thought of freeing this nice forum from my troublesome and sometimes unwelcome presence but I'm kind of EC-dependent because I have no life.

I feel like hurting myself. I have the very strong urge to do so. I need to be punished because I am bad. I don't feel there's a place for me in the world. I want to scream and then die. Just that. I want peace, I want to rest.

At least I know I can be an example... the example of how one should never be.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :tears: :tears: :tears: :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

2. Nicknikko

OMG FRED!
    Do not say that.. we all love you
    you are amazing.. you are very smart too! you know all this crap about computers and suff!
    Do not say that ! Please you are not a disgrace you are someone very especial and cool!

we all love you
    don't do something crazy
    Plz!
    :'(

3. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What exactly makes you think you've failed at life? I haven't been on this site that long but from what I've seen from your posts you seem to be intelligent, outgoing, and an all around interesting person, and by the way, if your pictures are any indication, you're actually a very good looking guy.

4. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is hard for me to say but I actually am a big loser. I have absolutely no friends, a family that only cares as long as I don't inconvenience them, and I've failed at everything I have ever tried. That's why it is so hard for me to see someone who obviously has so much to offer the world call himself a loser. Things may be hard and you may feel lonely but that in no way means that you are a loser.

I understand how you feel. I've been through it all myself and those feelings are incredibly hard to deal with, but as long as you keep pushing ahead and keep trying to overcome them they will eventually work themselves out. You'll probably become a better person because of it too.

PM me if you need to talk. I've been through all this before and I might be able to be of some help.

5. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fred, Fred, Fred. What are you saying? And are you the same Fred that I talk to on MSN? Based on the few conversations we've had, you're doing yourself a gross injustice. As the others have said, you come across as intelligent, witty, articulate and you're good looking - need I go on?

Has something happened to bring on this sudden mood? We all get days when we feel really low but nature has equipped us with the inner strength to overcome our own negativity. You've got to be positive and look ahead. Things will improve but not if you keep being negative. Is there someone you can talk to? Counselling/therapy always helps. Posting on EC also helps.

We're all here to help you. We don't mind you posting whatever you want and you're a GREAT example to us all. And no, you're not a burden as ALL of your EC friends will agree.

Nobody has the right to describe you the way you say. Believe that they're wrong and rise above it. Courage Fred and keep talking/posting - we're here for you.

(*hug*)

6. TriBi

Fred (and anyone else who can relate)...

I know this may seem harsh - but at 18 (20) - you haven't even had a life....so how can you have failed?

I'm close to 3 x your age (ouch!...I didn't want to admit that :wink:) and I have also suffered a period of depression - but I managed to understand what it was, what was causing it, and that was the start of getting over it - and now I am totally happy with who, how, and where I am in my life.

I know things certainly haven't been going the way you would have hoped lately - but that doesn't mean it is going to be like that forever. Hang in there...take comfort from your friends here and just keep on keeping on.

Things will get better - sometimes we just have to wait for the right opportunity to "turn a corner". Just keep looking for it and stay hopeful.

7. SweetChaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I havnt been here very long but you seem like a very fabulous and awesome guy. So please feel better and be happy. it takes much more energy too be depressed then it does too smile. Im sure everything will work out ok hun.
    Mucho love!!

8. Louise

OOOhhh I'm being particularly dense today:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Sorry I have only just picked up your thread. I talked to you already about most points here but I missed the one about getting what you deserve.

In this life you do NOT get what you deserve. I have the proof!

What did the black children in darkest Africa do to deserve being born with Aids, no money an absentee father and 10 miles walk from the nearest clean water. I do not mean that all people in Africa have this life but several hundred thousand do! What did they do to deserve this?:tantrum:

Life isn't fair, life often sucks but you HAVE to look at the good things around you. So you are poor, you still get to eat at least twice a da, you have clean clothes on your back and a roof over your head. You don't get on with your parents so well but do they beat you or sexually abuse you...not from what you have told me, but there are kids who are beaten and abused and they have done absolutely NOTHING to deserve this so I repeat myself; you don't get what you deserve in this life and that's all there is to it. :tantrum:

Ooohh, sorry you got me going there!:icon_sad:

*takes several deep breaths* I am a bit calmer now. Fred all the bad things that have happened to you are neither your fault nor what you deserve. You have done nothing to provoke the things that have happened to you. You have looked for love and been abused, in what way can this be your fault?

We are all of us often so deperate to be loved that we accept the unacceptable, this is the frailer side of our human nature, but we are just that; human beings who need to be loved. Don't blame yourself because someone else abused you when you were at a time in your life that you needed help. You have been particularly unlucky but from there to say you deserve it I WON'T LET YOU!

You are suffering from depression at the moment; this is a long term depressive talking. When you are at a low point everything is clouded in black, deformed and distorted. It is only once you are through and look back that you can see just how distorted things are. I am standing on the inside looking in and I can confirm everything that the others have said here, you are witty, intelligent, articulate and very good looking (sorry that's from a mum's point of view) :kiss:

We all of us love a whine and a whinge from time to time. If you can't do it with your friends who can you do it with? You have to admit that you very rarely whinge here and when you do you have a damn good reason to do so. What is wrong with a whinge and a whine? It gets things off your chest and lets those around you know that you need a bit more care and attention than normaly because you are feeling a bit fragile.

Sorry I couldn't be more help this morning:icon_sad: I'll try to better next time :icon_bigg

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i haven't been here long either, but i know this: your posts always seem caring, compassionate, and friendly. as far as i am concerned, any person who can do that even some of the time is *not* a failure. some poeple seem respectable and successful to the outside world, but they have never got this most important thing down pat. so that's the first thing.

secondly, lots of people have got seriously seriously sucky lives until much later, but then in their 50s, 60s, 70s, turn it around, and say they are so glad they lived to see the sunshine again. also, lots of people can't even accept that they are imperfect, because they can't bear to look into their true hearts. so at least you're not like them.

i'm very young, and i have little of use to say. but my mum has bi-polar disorder and i know a little about mental health issues. it sounds like you may be depressed. also, you say you are "going crazy". well first, i have sometimes thought that "crazines" is more of a spectrum than most people think (just like sexuality! lolol). it's not (a) sane or (b) loony. there are many shades, and some people on the loony side are actually better people than the supposedly "sane" ones. so don't despair if this may be happening to you - it actually happens to many many people, and it does not have to be the end of the world - you can recover.

sorry if that does not help. i just want you to know that in my opinion, we all have deep dark secrets and recesses and things we're ashamed of or scared others will find out. we all hate ourselves sometimes. i know i do. and i'll tell you who the really inhuman bastards are: the ones who never feel these things. so i would be proud to call you a friend, and i hope that you feel better soon.

#9 Psychedelic Bookmarks, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. Jim1454

Fred, you've hardly lived long enough to say that you've failed at life! Call us all back in 50 years or so and when you've accomplished absolutely nothing (which would be a lie, as you've ALREADY accomplished a number of remarkable things), then you can accurately claim that you've failed at life!

As I've told you before, I'm just amazed at your use of english! I have several years of training in french, and yet could NEVER contribute to a forum like this using french. So I'm one of those typical North Americans who can't speak a second language and expect the rest of the world to speak english.

That, my friend, is an accomplishment! And I don't care what you say about it.

So forget about all the crappy stuff that has happened in your past, and don't stress yourself about the horrible stuff that MIGHT happen in your future. Just make TODAY the best day it can be! I know you can handle that!

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That is a very good point. Your English is so good that it never occurred to me until I saw Jim's post that English is not your first language (I know it should have been obvious to me with you living in Uruguay...)! You really do write like English is your first language.

Some of the maths and physics stuff you've discussed here goes way over my head too.

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

How can u have failed alredy?? Ur 18?? Ur clever veryy clever

13. Steam Giant

Fred ^^ you are completely amazing. You've very smart, despite what you say. Your knowledge of computers is vast, which is an excellent skill to have in this day and age. You have dreams, goals, that you really care about and are trying to achieve. You're friendly, loyal, insightful, helpful, and your knowledge of the english language is vast - if you didn't tell anyone where you live, I think just about everybody here would assume you were an american ^^

My point is, you're awesome and a great person ^^ and it's pretty obvious that I'm not the only person here who thinks that way! (*hug*)

14. Urman

Urman Guest

you still have a whole life ahead don't let others bring u down it is there insecuirty that is most likely making them say or do what they do