1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Fresh Start?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Dare2bProud

So, I have this friend I'll call "A" .. "A" and I met at work this summer, at first we got along fine, then things were getting too close that he backed away told me he wasn't interested and we started ignoring each other. "A" started hanging around with a group that didn't like me very much and used "A" to get at me, they would go behind my back and invite him to things instead of me. "A" had a bad work ethic, so we began to get into arguments and I have lost my cool many times around him and others because he knew how to push me. He also started dating a guy in the group and they kept it in the closet all summer, however, everyone knew and now his boyfriend is in LA. Everything was very heated and intense between him and I all summer. On the last day of our summer contract, I took "A" aside and we talked. We both agreed that when we began school (he goes to the same school I do) that we will start fresh and not bring this BS to school. The group that "A" hung out with has disbanded because they have all went to different schools. "A" is still working there this fall and the manager absolutely loves him. I made the decision to leave to focus on my studies. We are no longer working with one another. We do see each other on campus often, without hesitation he always smiles at me and waves. We've also been making small talk by text, but we really haven't resorted into hanging out. He invited me to his table he was sitting at with a group last week for lunch. "A" is a very optimistic and energetic guy, something I admire in him.

In no way do I believe that "A" and I are compatible for dating, however, I think we might slowly be realizing that the game was ridiculous and hopefully moving on. What are your takes on this situation? What do you think I can do to keep this situation going in a positive direction, so that we could end up being good friends, if that's possible. I think he is a cool guy, he is 7 years younger than me, so there's a lot to account there, but I really do think he is worth being friends with. Anyone ever been in a situation like this? Thoughts?

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

No, I have never been in a situation like that. But I think it be best to just forget about what happened and start over again like you said. So I think you gave yourself the best advice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a sign of maturity on his part (and yours) that you seem to both be able to move on. I'd say just continue on with the friendship and see where it goes. I see no harm in that.